Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To say I was excited when I found these is a major understatement. These pistols were shipped to Phil B. Bekeart Company, San Francisco, Ca. Bekeart was the West Coast dealer for Colt. They were shipped the week after Pearl Harbor, December 15, 1941. Apparently they sat in a drawer upon arrival. They are as near to new as anything can be that was made in 1941. Thought you might enjoy taking a look. Hope it is ok to use the link. Kept doing something wrong when trying to post pictures.

American Arms & Antiques : guns collectibles Winchesters Colts Civil War Cowboy Era

·
Premium Member
10,092 Posts
Wowee!! Congratulations on the find. Did you buy them???:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
Very Very nice!!! Are they for your personal collection or are they for sale?

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very Very nice!!! Are they for your personal collection or are they for sale?
I would love to keep them, but they will be for sale before too long.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
mentallapse, CONGRATULATIONS! Are you willing to reveal either 1) How much you paid or 2) How much you plan to ask when you sell?

The reason I ask is that I have an opportunity to purchase a brace (2) of LNIB fully factory-engraved, consecutive S/N Colt 1908 Vest Pocket Pistols in .25ACP, ivory stocks, tattered boxes and papers. The pistols are represented as being in immaculate condition, perhaps unfired outside the factory. I am trying to formulate a fair offer, and a maximum to offer. Your purchasing opportunity seems to parallel mine, so I am curious about pricing.

I will not be flipping the Colts, if I acquire them.

·
Registered
456 Posts
truly exquisite set of pistols with absolutely mint boxes-did the boxes have the oil soaked instruction manuals in them? could not tell from photos. guns look like they were just removed from a time capsule. the provenance of this pair of guns, the consecutive s/n's, condition, boxes, individual factory letters just cannot be matched - i would not sell if at all possible. this is another deal that you will regret if you let them go.

even if you got top dollar the set is irreplaceable. jmho...

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
truly exquisite set of pistols with absolutely mint boxes-did the boxes have the oil soaked instruction manuals in them? could not tell from photos. guns look like they were just removed from a time capsule. the provenance of this pair of guns, the consecutive s/n's, condition, boxes, individual factory letters just cannot be matched - i would not sell if at all possible. this is another deal that you will regret if you let them go.

even if you got top dollar the set is irreplaceable. jmho...
Each box came with three pieces. The instructions, special instructions, and shooting suggestions.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
now that is truly something you don't see everyday. I am not sure i could part with those...
three college kids

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I saw those guns in Tulsa, very nice. I have bought one or two great Colts from the guy who sold you that pair He comes up with the best of the best. Hes from California,,best I recall. I think his name is Bob. Heck of a nice guy, drives a tough bargain, but produces the goods. He knows condition,,thats for sure. Great pair of guns you have.

John

·
Premium Member
10,092 Posts
More Pictures when you can please.!!!!!!

They are so NEAT!

·
Banned
20 Posts
I'll take it! lol those are a work of art. sweeeeett

1 - 17 of 17 Posts