Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new and want to buy a Colt or three, but I have this problem. I'm addicted to too many other guns. This little jewel found me today and I made a nice trade for it. I already have a Dan Wesson Model 15-2V in excellent condition, but not with pristine, original grips & a 6" barrel. :bang_wall:
Jerry Nanson IMG_3855.jpg
Jerry Nanson IMG_3858.jpg
Jerry Nanson IMG_3854.JPG

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LGS had one a couple of weeks ago during a 20% off used guns sale marked $599 and the tag said '2.5", 6", 8"' and, yes, I'm still kicking myself for not getting it.
Are you telling me that they had a complete pistol pack for $599?!?!? I would have been all over that. The barrel assemblies alone are worth $200-$325 a piece depending on condition. :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My biggest obstacle to buying a Colts revolver is I just bought one. And I have a S & W on layaway.
I failed to mention that I just bought a Smith & Wesson model 63 no dash, pinned barrel, last week, and another Dan Wesson, virtually unfired, a model 22 with 6 inch barrel. SOMEBODY STOP ME!

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I always used want to own a Dan Wesson pistol pack years ago when they first came out but they were out of my budget range. I still think they are cool. Funny story though I was at a range (silhouette shooting) back after these came out and a guy next to me was shooting one with the headspace set to big and it kept spraying lead all over the place. It didn't take long they told him to stop shooting and fix his gun :) I was shooting a Thompson Contender with a 10" 30-30 barrel on it and man was it fun.

Dan Wesson pistol pack.jpg

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
How many times have I taken a detour while on a specific mission for a particular piece.
You are not alone.
I would suggest there are more of us than you may think.
No worries, though; Dan Wessons need love too.
You may want to double up on your fiduciary preparation, though, so's you don't run short when the one you really want falls out of the sky in your lap. Keep a reasonable wad out for such things, and blow the rest on whatever floats your boat.
Just don't neglect pour responsibility to chase down that DS.
Nobody's gonna stop ya, so don't ask.
I had a DW .44 magnum pistol pack a few years ago, and an 8" heavy underlug .41 magnum. They were powerful, rugged, reliable, and accurate. And a hoot to shoot. So don't beat yourself up. There is still plenty of time, and a bleepload of suitable Colts.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I guess we all have this issue at some time or other. I made a conscious decision to go down to one manufacturer,Colt. Would have liked to keep them all but that’s the route I took.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Variety in guns is also a virtue/weakness of mine, but I know what I like, (that sometimes takes years to figure out). My first few revolvers and self-loading pistols were Colts and most often than not there's a Colt Government Model on my belt. That comes from habit more than anything I suppose, but it has to be a Colt and not a clone.

You're a man that appreciates fine revolvers and doesn't have a Colt? I prescribe an inoculation to gain a little "Colt Fever". Get out and buy a common old school Colt like a Police Positive Special or an Official Police in .38Spl, (something you're gonna shoot). Doesn't have to be a collector grade, just buy a good clean working gun that locks up and times correctly. By all means, buy what you like, but maybe spend a little money on a more common Colt to gain some appreciation for them while shopping for your next gem of choice. The best I can explain it is this way, Colts radiate a certain vibration to the body, mind, and soul that other guns seem to lack.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts