Colt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Three boxes, a frame, and a set of pearls......and got to see a lot of mighty fine people and COLTS....

Even got to meet JUDGE COLT.....and he didn't take me to the "WOOD SHED" for all my CF blunders....we even used that 5 letter word while we talked,...

I had a wonderful time ......RR

Any guesses what the small boxes hold ?????

PA084784.JPG PA084783.JPG PA084782.JPG

·
Premium Member
9,681 Posts
I am thinking AGENT......RR
RR, don't you recall that I told you the frame is a Post-1965-frame? In 1966, Colt shortened the butt on ALL D-frames, and used overlapping stocks to get the desired "butt length." A Pre-1966 Agent would have a slightly longer butt and the butt would have rounded lower corners. The frame could have been used for any Post 1965 alloy-frame D-frame. (You can buy them books .....)

I won't spoil the mystery of the small boxes, especially the "pale" one. NEVER saw one of those.

It is always interesting to meet Forum members in person. Who would have thought Rod is about five and a half feet tall and probably does not weigh 130 pounds soaking wet? (Anyone who thought that is SO wrong! :D)

I had the real pleasure of meeting swamprat, Radicalrod, coltpaper, lumberjack, Paul the Archivist, Mr. Grammer and, of course, thecoltguy. (I hope I am not forgetting anyone I met. If so, I apologize.) Beverly Haynes, Historian, was also present. I may have talked to other Forum members without realizing it, but most people there are not Forum members. That may be because many attendees specialized in Colts not discussed much on this Forum. (When is the last time we discussed a Patterson revolving rifle?)

·
Premium Member
9,681 Posts
I forgot to mention that I met Doc44. While Doc is primarily a Smith & Wesson collector, he found much of interest at the show. He said he was particularly interested in seeing how the Colt folks ran their show. I can report that is was run VERY well. That made the low turnout even more disappointing.

He told me that the Smith & Wesson Collectors Association has dropped the sponsor requirement for admission to the Smith & Wesson Association, which should make it a lot easier to join.

All organizations are searching for a way to attract younger members, a problem shared by both the Colt and Smith & Wesson organizations. Paul the Archivist was probably the youngest person there. Most table holders and attendees were on the high side of 60 and 70. Anybody have any practical ideas how to do that?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I forgot to mention that I met Doc44. While Doc is primarily a Smith & Wesson collector, he found much of interest at the show. He said he was particularly interested in seeing how the Colt folks ran their show. I can report that is was run VERY well. That made the low turnout even more disappointing.

He told me that the Smith & Wesson Collectors Association has dropped the sponsor requirement for admission to the Smith & Wesson Association, which should make it a lot easier to join.

All organizations are searching for a way to attract younger members, a problem shared by both the Colt and Smith & Wesson organizations. Paul the Archivist was probably the youngest person there. Most table holders and attendees were on the high side of 60 and 70. Anybody have any practical ideas how to do that?
Reporting Colt and S&W association members names and location may be an issue.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
JC, This may be the biggest threat to our hobby and the value of our firearms. Please start a new thread so it will get the discussion it deserves.

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Once again I am corrected (taken to the wood shed) by Judge Colt.....I will say I do have Pate's book but find it somewhat disappointing......

Also the Judge has never meet me after a few cocktails.....when I am 10 feet tall and bullet proof too.....

I am thrilled to have a piece of COLT history the Judge has never seen.....now that is amazing....

I had so much fun I will try and make NC next year too....RR

1 - 19 of 19 Posts