Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to help myself. Bought a Hopkins and Allen suicide special on GB last week and now I just hit BIN on this piece of junk:

Hopkins & Allen Solid Frame XL Pocket Revolver : Curios & Relics at GunBroker.com

It's a factory "vest pocket" like the little H&Rs of the period. No front sight, no hammer spur and was made like this at the factory.
I have never seen a Hopkins and Allen like this so I did a little research and it is legit. It came this way from the factory.
Being such a sucker for these things I had to have it.

Don't worry folks, I will get back to Colts eventually....

·
Registered
12,845 Posts
I LIKE that little thing, and, I myself have paused over the occasional Listing for one of that model.

.32 Short Center Fire too!

Good going!

Now ( ahem, ) don't forget to post the "Range Report"!

I am pretty sure one can find old Moulds ( or send off an old Mold to be modified by experts ) which produce a full Wadcutter in .32, which would be mighty nice for these or their bretherin once one is on to re-Loading for them.

That and 3F "Swiss" Powder...

"Puh-TING!"

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
"Double Action" written right there on top in case one forgets! :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
You didn't have a hand in compiling that banned list in Chicago so that people would sell off their collections cheap did you? ;)

·
Registered
797 Posts
"Go get in the car."

·
Registered
12,845 Posts
You didn't have a hand in compiling that banned list in Chicago so that people would sell off their collections cheap did you? ;)

Yeahhh, I was wondering the same thing!

The real slick move would be to go TO Chigago and do one of those 'Buy Ups' to you know, do Chicago a favor and get those Rollin White 1850s, 1860s, 1870s, 1880s and 1890s Guns "OFF THE ( Horsedrawn, Cobblestone, Gas Lit, Pettycoat and Top Hat or Bowler ) STREETS"!

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
If if gives comfort to know you have company, I confess to having a collection of H&R .22s. I love them and give them the same care I give my Colts. Here's a few of 'em:

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My first guns were of these type. My Dad had a drawer in a desk in the attic that had a bunch of cheap revolvers and knives in it. Maybe that's why I still like them. Here's my first revolver that he gave me from that drawer when I was 12

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
That is so ugly that it looks kinda neat !! Thats kinda like bringing home the ugly dog from the pound that no one else wants.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts