Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this .45 nickel 5-1/2" SAA sight unseen and I'm thoroughly impressed. It was made in 2001 and is as new as it was then. Unfired, unturned, blue carry case and papers including the original sales receipt. The fit is excellent and Colt nickel is second to none. I swore I'd never buy a gun that came with a padlock but for every rule there's an exception!

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Congrats on your Christmas Colt.

Santa Craig

·
Registered
640 Posts
Superb!
Seeing that finish, really encourages me to have My 2nd and/or 3rd gen SAA's nickeled.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Beautiful piece Rick. All the nickle guns I have look a bit gold in tone. That one looks almost like a bright stainless.

Merry x-mas,

L

·
Registered
546 Posts
Your mentioning Colt quality nickel finish is right on. I have a nickel 71/2" one that is 40 years old and has been holster carried a lot. The only place the plating has failed is on the hammer tip because I filed it to eliminate some of that ugly shape Colt was using in the late '70's, early 80's. I could never understand why that shape was used. Nothing but ugly!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Good golly.....the finish on the gun on the finish on the photography? Which is better...makes my head hurt trying to decide! Thanks for posting!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts