Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Argentina. This is my first Colt, a Police Positive .38 S & W from 1907. I bought it in 1981 and has a few shots because ammunition is hard to come by in Argentina. It is in perfect condition (although the box is a bit deteriorated, as you can see).

Colt Police Positive_01.jpg

(Sorry for those who saw the same thing in my presentation. I'm learning to post a new post.) :bang_wall:

·
Premium Member
4,201 Posts
Great looking pistol. I love it.

·
The Consummate Collector
6,877 Posts
Welcome and thanks for posting a picture of your fine early Police Positive. A terrific example for sure.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
marczilan,

That is a Gorgeous Police Positive! Although the Police Positive was one of the most revolver manufactrured by Colt, they are excellent revolvers that work well. I like the Police Positive and have several myself. Normally, they have blue wear, fired a lot and have the 'well used look" to them. Finding one in that condtion is wonderful.

By the way, I spent several months in Buenos Aires about 6 years ago and just love the city. I especially enjoyed going to the Harbor area and sitting at a nice restaurant to enjoy a good meal. My short stay was vey nice and the people in Buenos Aires were just wonderful! Yes, the Beef was Excellent too, LOL!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
marczilan,

That is a Gorgeous Police Positive! Although the Police Positive was one of the most revolver manufactrured by Colt, they are excellent revolvers that work well. I like the Police Positive and have several myself. Normally, they have blue wear, fired a lot and have the 'well used look" to them. Finding one in that condtion is wonderful.

By the way, I spent several months in Buenos Aires about 6 years ago and just love the city. I especially enjoyed going to the Harbor area and sitting at a nice restaurant to enjoy a good meal. My short stay was vey nice and the people in Buenos Aires were just wonderful! Yes, the Beef was Excellent too, LOL!
Thanks Abwehr. It surely refers to Puerto Madero, the old port of Buenos Aires, which was restored in the '90s. Today is one of the best places in the city.

bahia-madero.jpg

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Thanks Abwehr. It surely refers to Puerto Madero, the old port of Buenos Aires, which was restored in the '90s. Today is one of the best places in the city.

View attachment 201937
marczilan,

You are correct with the photo, that area was my favorite place to eat! I loved the food and the view of the Harbor! I also enjoyed the older buildings in Buanos Aries, they reminded me of Europe. I do miss the city!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts