Colt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Members, other day in my intro post, majdad93 requested some photos of what I have collected so far. Here they are: a US Property 1911 built in 1918, a 1903 Pocket Hammer from 1922, a 1937 32 cal Pocket Hammerless, and a 1908 Vest Pocket from 1929. I really appreciate the quality of these Colts and I've shot a box through each of them. They worked flawlessly. The 38 Pocket Hammer did need a new sear and discconector before it was ready to shoot. The 1908 still has the case hardening rainbow effects evident on the safety and trigger. Love to hear your comments. Tony

Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Everyday carry

·
Registered
440 Posts
I am living what I call, "The Colt Experience". What I mean by that is after many years admiring Colt firearms, I now, at 69 years of age, have the opportunity to begin living with Colts, rather than spending the nights going to bed dreaming about Colts. No, I do not possess the funds to catch up, or barely even follow some of the collections I have seen on this forum. But to me that's not important, what is important is achieving the goal of becoming a Colt owner.
So to you Kpasha I say, Welcome to the hobby of Colt ownership, and equally important, Welcome to the Colt Forum, you'll find none better.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
That's what we've been waiting for, Tony. Nice variety of Colt semi-autos there! JohnnyP has a great point about horizontal pix. My old neck ain't rubber no more and it'd be easier to study your pix when I blow them up. ;)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
A Couple Collected...........

Here's a few I've collected over the last two years. 1903 .38acps, 1903 .32s, 1908 .380s, 1908 .25s, new O1918, an all original 1911 mfg. in 1918, and an all original 1911A1 mfg. in 1943

Attachments

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
They look great Tony you're off to a great start. Do they have a tendency to breed like they do in my safes?

BTW welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gents thank you for the positive comments and sharing your "well-learned" wisdom. Yes I've got a ways to go as far a Colt collecting goes but the year is still young. I really love the feel of those pistols especially the 1903 Pocket Hammer. What a beautiful sound when you rack the slide back on it. Also JohnnyP thanks for straightening me out. :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.