Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some don't seem to favor Colt Bisleys but I like them a lot. Here are pictures of my all correct 1913 Colt Bisley sent to Dodge Phelps Company in Douglas, Arizona that took over the Copper Queen Mine. From its Arizona start it has been in Alabama, Maine, and many other places I'm sure before coming to me in Louisiana. Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Gun Revolver Firearm Trigger Starting pistol
Gun Revolver Starting pistol Trigger
Revolver Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol
Revolver Shotgun

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you occasionally shoot her?? Wonderful gun!!!I love old guns with that type & level of patina- they still look great but are past the point of being afraid to touch/shoot them without damage to the remaining bluing. Best of both worlds.

Some don't seem to favor Colt Bisleys but I like them a lot. Here are pictures of my all correct 1913 Colt Bisley sent to Dodge Phelps Company in Douglas, Arizona that took over the Copper Queen Mine. From its Arizona start it has been in Alabama, Maine, and many other places I'm sure before coming to me in Louisiana. View attachment 47533 View attachment 47534 View attachment 47535 View attachment 47536 View attachment 47538

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
The book "Colts: From Texas and the Old West" has quite a few pages of Copper Queen Colts with serial numbers and other in formation from factory letters. The book is about Texas and SW lawmen Colts and the men who used them. Packed with pictures. One guy seems to collect Copper queen Colt's exclusively and there's pics galore of them, both SAA and Bisley's. Here's that book...
300: Colts from Texas and the Old West. Signed. : Lot 300

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
Another twice told tale --- My Dad went back, 1960s, from Oklahoma to Alabama on family estate business. Visiting Old Aunt no-name & talking old times, Dad mentioned as a kid Cousin no-name coming back from Texas with a 'brace' of pistols. Old Aunt says, "Yes I still have one of them - would you like to have it", takes it down from the mantle with about half box of .38-40 rounds & gives it to him. Dad came back from Alabama a happy man. Me too, I have it now.

I might mention that Old Aunt was no actual kin, just the custom of calling old folks of long acquaintance Aunt, Uncle, etc., especially when he probably knew her as Aunt since childhood.

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
Could be. I wasn't there when he arrived but I know he was happy enuf to sing.

One story prompts another. I was 16 & drove my G-parents some 350 miles to So. Texas for their last visit to the old home. G-mother's sister went into her back room & brought out this SAA, saying "I'm sure Uncle Dave would want you to have this". Another case prompting singing & I still have it and my heart sings when I recall.

Same on the hip of her daughter ca. 1915 ---

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.