Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not really, but it just looks like a gun that could have been used by the Hatfields or McCoys. In the 50's my dad carved this full length stock and fitted it to an old 12 gauge single shot. It's marked "20th Century" as maker. He refinished the butt stock to match the new wood up front and added military slings. I just love this old heirloom and it reminds me of the old man working in his extensive workshop when I was a kid. This oldtimer is one of them that still has his cigar smoke smell in the wood.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Wyatt,nice looking old heirloom.No need to ask if it shoots.We Turners had more than our share of skirmishes with both the Shatfields and Mcjoys in the early days.There are a lot of old wives tales floating around about the disagreement between the two.I really can't go into the details but maybe someday.:)D*

·
Registered
941 Posts
I shoot with a North-South Skirmish Association team and a number of our members are Hatfields from Southwest Virginia. Yes, they are kin to the famous ones, and yes, they all shoot quite well!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Thanks for sharing that Wyatt. I don't think I've seen a full stock single bbl shotgun before.
Frank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts