Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a quick iphone shot of my 3 favorite shiny Pythons I own. All 3 have the original boxes and paperwork and Colt letters where needed. The 4" is an E-Nickel gun that was bought new by a local attorney. The 3" is Bright Nickel and has it's Colt Letter, and the 2.5" is a BSTS gun. Sorry I'm not a photographer but plan on getting me a light box soon. Some of you guys take beautiful photographs. My question is: When the attorney bought the 4" E-Nickel gun new at the Gun Shop, the owner had installed these Pachmayr grips on it. What grips should be on a 4" E-Nickel gun from 1981? The model number doesn't have anything after it giving an obvious answer. Would it be the usual black Pachmayr's with gold Colt medallion?

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
The factory stocks that should be on the 4" E-Nickel gun from 1981 should be the Colt Factory Rubber Grips with gold medallions similar to what you have on the snubby in the photo. Sizes might be different from the ones on the snubby though but it should be the similar target shape grips.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The factory stocks that should be on the 4" E-Nickel gun from 1981 should be the Colt Factory Rubber Grips with gold medallions similar to what you have on the snubby in the photo. Sizes might be different from the ones on the snubby though but it should be the similar target shape grips.
Thank you for the answer. I knew they came on stainless but wasn't sure of the nickel.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW!!! I have never seen a nickel 3 incher. You have a letter on that one?Very, very nice collection
Yes. Letters as original 3" Nickel made in 1980 but not sold until 1982. Thanks for the kind words.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.