Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found this 1903 in a pawnshop. I've long wanted one to shoot and this is shooter grade. Made in 1905, it looks like it's been refinished. Bore is not pristine but there is no rust inside or out. It functions and shoots great. The tiny sights are not as hard to use as I thought. Any info you can give me is welcome. Colt 1903 .32ACP.JPG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,266 Posts
Welcome to Colt hammerless collecting.
Nice first model M.
Soon you will have more.

Colt 1903 .32ACP.JPG

Your pistol is probably 100+ years old. Your serial number will tell when it was made.
Nothing better has come along since.

Being a self defense, point and shoot weapon,
the sights are not much more than decorations
not intended for aimed fire. JMO

Go here to learn more:Coltautos.com

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
2,081 Posts
Great first 1903. Thanks for showing it to us. Hard to beat the early barrel bushing pistols!!!

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
My references list it as a 1907 type I.
It is a good start, and will bring a lot of enjoyment.
The type I "Browning's Patent' ones are getting harder to find, and there is a fairly broad popularity with 'em.
I ain't much for refinished stuff, but there are advantages to jumpin' on 'em when it is something you are really hot for.
I have grabbed up ones in good/fair and refinished shape, especially when the $ is right.
You can't do much better for an older shooter than that thing.
Be happy.
Ya done good.
Feel free to hammer the livin' bleep outa that that badboy.

ps. I reckon this one deserves a spot in ei8ht's special place.......

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
These are very nice pistol. I have one of these that also dates to 1907 and I enjoy shooting it. The slightly longer pistol along with the barrel bushing make these more attractive in my opinion. I've "wrecked" a set of these hard rubber grips on another 1903 (brittle) so I always change out to a set of reproduction grips before shooting. The originals of these early grips can be quite pricey!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts