Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up tonight at Kittery Trading Post for $795. I saw it listed online so I went to the store to see it. It was nowhere in sight so I asked a clerk about it. He said it sold, but wait a minute...it's showing there were two that came in and one was still available. Another clerk came to help me and also looked under the counter and didn't see it. He said hang on a few minutes. Five minutes or so later he came out with it in his hand. I looked it all over. Clean, timing and lockup perfect. So I walked out with it.
I'm 54 years old and have owned dozens and dozens of guns but this is actually my first 357 Magnum ever. I've lusted after this gun for years.
Serial number is 03596U. Or maybe the zero is an "O". Anyway I can't find this serial number on colt s/n lookup or proof house. If anyone could date it I'd appreciate the info.
Here's pics. The first ones are as I bought it, the rest of them is after I cleaned it up with Flitz and Renaissance wax.

Revolver Everyday carry Gun accessory Gun barrel Air gun

Revolver Everyday carry Air gun Trigger Gun barrel
Revolver Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Nickel Bicycle part Rim Gun accessory Auto part

Attachments

·
Registered
12,670 Posts
Well bought. That’s one of the toughest .357 Magnum revolvers ever produced.

·
Registered
10,196 Posts
The finish is so nice it looks like nickel in the pictures. Is it? About ten years ago I saw an identical blue one for the same price and wish I bought it. I recently picked up a 2 1/2” S&W 19-4 that satisfied my snub .357 itch. There’s just something formidable and bellicose about those stubby Lawman .357s. The same as with my 2 1/2” 1917 Colt DA .45.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I picked this up tonight at Kittery Trading Post for $795. I saw it listed online so I went to the store to see it. It was nowhere in sight so I asked a clerk about it. He said it sold, but wait a minute...it's showing there were two that came in and one was still available. Another clerk came to help me and also looked under the counter and didn't see it. He said hang on a few minutes. Five minutes or so later he came out with it in his hand. I looked it all over. Clean, timing and lockup perfect. So I walked out with it.
I'm 54 years old and have owned dozens and dozens of guns but this is actually my first 357 Magnum ever. I've lusted after this gun for years.
Serial number is 03596U. Or maybe the zero is an "O". Anyway I can't find this serial number on colt s/n lookup or proof house. If anyone could date it I'd appreciate the info.
Here's pics. The first ones are as I bought it, the rest of them is after I cleaned it up with Flitz and Renaissance wax.

View attachment 800207
View attachment 800206 View attachment 800208 View attachment 800210
View attachment 800209
I think you bought a $1000 revolver for $800...nicely done.

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The finish is so nice it looks like nickel in the pictures. Is it? About ten years ago I saw an identical blue one for the same price and wish I bought it. I recently picked up a 2 1/2” S&W 19-4 that satisfied my snub .357 itch. There’s just something formidable and bellicose about those stubby Lawman .357s. The same as with my 2 1/2” 1917 Colt DA .45.
Matt, yup nickel plated. A bit scratched and milky in areas but overall really decent. Looks like it was carried more than fired. There is no wear on the blue of the trigger at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts