Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Michael,
That's a heck of a way to start. Congratulations! Can you tell me how the barrel is marked?
Thanks,
Kevin Williams

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Wow, that is a great addition to any collection. You did such a good job with the many detailed photos.

I still have my first .45 but it's a common ol' 1911.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pictures were taken by the seller. The barrel is said to be marked with an "MB" in a circle. This Colt is a shooter. I will post pictures once I take possession of the gun after Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just joined today and saw this thread on 1911s with the Swartz safety. Field stripped mine and the barrel is marked with a large "G" immediately north of the link and "Colt 45 Auto" immediately east of the link. Great piece of Colt history. Gary

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Gary,
Is your gun a National Match?
Michael,
Does your barrel have any markings on the lower left of the chamber? Is the number C184667 or C194667? I assume the latter but can't quite make it out in the picture.
Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kevin, my gun is numbered C194667. The barrel is a match type. I've long been meaning to take better photos and describe the markings for you, and will do so as soon as I get back to Los Angeles. Meanwhile, your database might benefit from recording another pre-war NM on one of the auction sites that clearly shows this information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts