Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post. Hello to all.

I recently acquired my first gun, and I think might have overpaid just a little. When I saw her the first time, I just fell in love. I've had her for about two weeks now, and every day I can't stop staring at her. :eek:

She's a beautiful 1964 Python in shiny nickel finish with 4" blr. Serial number is 38XXX with no prefix or suffix. I was told everything was original. I could tell she has been fired, but to me her condition is great for being 48 years old with no damages to the nickel finish, just some faint turn line and handling marks here and there. Lockup's tight.

I understand it is customary to post some pictures, so I'm attaching the ones the seller used on gunbroker because I don't think I can do a better job taking them. The serial number on the bottomside of the beat up box is barely there and one of the digits was nearly impossible to make out. Anyway, I'm rather new to this hobby, and may need a lot of schooling. So I welcome all comments. Thanks for stopping by.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Well thats one mighty fine way to introduce yourself to the forum. That is one awesome start to a Python collection.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Beautiful Python!
You didnt get hurt on that deal.

Welcome to the forum........but beware......these snakes are addictive :)
ALL Colts are addictive!! Not bad for your 1st. Of course, I no nothing about new-fangled self-cockers!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks grandpawj. The pleasure is all mine :) Chaffe neither did I. I sort of accidently ran into this one when the bidding was about to end and just liked the fact that the sights had nickel finish as well as the frame (unlike the newer ones). I thout that was neat and went all in. I learned later that's how it supposed to be for these old nickel finish Python. Buckhunter, I couldn't agree more :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm looking forward to some critical comments as well because I want to learn as much as I can about what I have. All honest inputs are welcome even if the truth hurts. Please don't hesitate just because I appear to be on cloud nine. I'm a big boy :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well you've defineitly been snake bitten! Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here to answer about anything you want to know about Colts.

·
Registered
382 Posts
small world, really like this gun. wanted to "take a quick look" at it while it was for sale but was turned down. started another post about another gun this seller had for sale.

meanwhile i am still looking for a 60's 4" inch nickel and you got one. good luck with that Python itch. congrats.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm looking forward to some critical comments as well because I want to learn as much as I can about what I have. All honest inputs are welcome even if the truth hurts. Please don't hesitate just because I appear to be on cloud nine. I'm a big boy :)
Don't you worry about critical comments here! You will learn all there is to know when the pros get around to your photos. Not to say there's anything wrong, but if there is, you will hear about it. As one member stated, it's the tuition you pay at this school. And that's how it should be.

Beautiful Python and as for paying too much, they won't be getting any cheaper...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate. Thats one pretty impressive way to join the forum. Very sweet Python. As has already been expressed that one will probably be the first of many more Colts to come.
We all started out with one and they became the many!! Congrats and enjoy your new Colt. Think you have got the bug bad, like us all.

·
Premium Member
9,514 Posts
THIS is the way a correct 1964 Python package should look! Perhaps it should be attached to the recent "1964 Colt Python NIB Pics" thread with the incorrect "made-up" package to illustrate a correct 1964 Python package for comparison.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts