Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out in search of a Cobra or a DiamondBack and came home with this. I have no Idea what weather I got burned or if I got a good deal. From what I can tell it is a 1908 it is chambered in .380 acp and the serial number puts it built in 1930 according to proofhouse, and the Colt website. Any and all help would be great. It is a little worn but it shoots great and now it has a nice coat of Renaissance wax on it and is in the safe next to the other Colts. This is my first semiauto Colt so I am a little lost on this one. Thanks again for any and all help Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Starting pistol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I paid $260 for it, dont know if that was a good deal or not? A guy at work had it in his tool box and did not know what to do with it. I bought it not knowing what it was worth just knew it was a colt and it would go good with my collection of colt revolvers. I still have no idea what it is worth but I like it. I shot it today after having my gun smith check it out and it shot great no problems at all and accurate at a defensive range. Then took it down did a good cleaning and gave it a coat of wax. Now it sits with my revolvers in my safe. I am very new to colts I got my first on a little over a month ago now I think, so any insite on this one would be great.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
The pictures aren't close enough and there seems to be reflection/glare which makes an estimate of the finish/condition difficult but for $260 you made out like a bandit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are a few more pictures of it. On the one the shows the ejection port the three dark spots towards the front are a reflection of my fingers. That Renaissance wax is great stuff!

Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Starting pistol Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel Metal

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also along with an est. of its worth so I know what to insure it for, Do you think it would be worth getting it lettered seeing it is from the prohibition and great depression era?

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
That thing would likely be in the $500 range or better in these parts.
There were a lot fewer 1908 model Ms than the 1903s, and it uses a round that is somewhat better ballistically than the 1903s.
You did real good with that one.
You can read up on 'em at Sam Lisker's site: Colt automatic pistol & revolver information. Beaucoup good information there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts