Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my names is scott and just picked up my first colt at a pawn shop.I just got back into shooting and collecting guns. I have several s&w revolvers a couple glocks, This is my first colt its a python six inch blued with dull finished factory grips. The only blueing missing is around the tip of the barrel.Serial number is 4 digits with no letters I only paid $380 out the door can anybody give me a clue as to what i have

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Smokeater.

Check the housing of the ejectorrod under the barrel. Is it hollow?

You could try this site to check your DOB.

www.proofhouse.com

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Scott, Welcome to our forum. You bought the "cadillac" of Colt revolvers and our members salivate over 4 digit serialed Pythons. If you spend $200 on a set of full checkered stocks with gold medallion stocks you have yourself a $1200 Python....but I wouldn't shoot it with these original stocks. These stocks will only increase resale value (like anyone would want to resale). I've owned several 3 / 4 digit Pythons and they are the cream of all shooters. Enjoy shooting your 1st Colt and you choose wisely.

You are probably already aware that I am looking for a 2 digit serialed Python. If you find one for me I will give you a $300 finders fee. Kansas City is a ripe market for Colt revolvers. Maybe I'll see you at a KC gun show as your seeking out your second Python.

Let us know how she shoots.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Indeed, welcome in our midst!

Needles to say that you started of in a great way!
I think you are deserving a wanted poster for the steal of the month! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If possible pictures would be nice!

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Damn fine way to break into Colts I'd say.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your find!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts