Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this today at a Phoenix Gun Show for $250.

Just an OF but I've been without a lot of Colt revolvers for a while.

This one is serial number 8664xx with the post-war front sight. I put it at 1949 or later but I'd appreciate it if a list member can come closer to the actual DOB.

Bluing is excellent with just a bit of muzzle wear and a wear groove in the left stock from some carry or???

If I were to guess, this thing has not been fired more than 50 rounds.

I sold a bunch of Colts a few years back since the S&W's were better for competition, but this just had to come home for $250.

Here are some pics:

As I re-start collecting Colt revolvers, this seems to fit well with my "girls."

They are:

1) The OP
2) A Trooper that saw action in Viet Nam (the Marine Captain had it sent to him on embassy duty in the Middle East before he deployed for Viet Nam because he wanted a Magnum -- I have those original shipping boxes..)
3) A late Cobra that was unfired until I got it. The perfect CCW.

So much to collect and so little time...

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Yep, very nice condition for the price. I've got to believe that these old Colt DA's will start rising in price soon. I don't buy mine for speculation but want to own some examples before they become more expensive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Better Pics

I've up-dated the pics with some a bit better. They give a more realistic view of the OP finish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts