Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...a 1968 Mauser HSc in .32ACP. This in my second HSc, the other being a wartime gun. I've always ready liked it and have wanted to ad a postwar example for a while. This is in beautiful condition and appears unfired.

In a lot of ways I like these better than the Walther PP/PPK. Can't wait to shoot it !

Attachments

Premium Member
Most Excellent.

Registered
You did get very nice looking Mauser HSc. They were one of the best small pistol of the era! The grip on them were better than the PP by a lot. The PP & PPK were more the "official" small pistol of the era due to them having been maufactured in the 1930s during the rise of the Third Reich. The HSc was not developed until the late 1930s (I think).

Premium Member
As I recall, the wartime HSC had a very strange trigger spring that had a couple 'dog-leg' bends in it. I think the post-war version was better engineered and did not use that spring configuration.

Premium Member
Congrats! NICE looking example! As Terry points out, the wartime units had strange trigger springs but subsequent versions, after the war, were quite a bit better.

They shoot pretty well and are fun little guns!

I regret selling a .380 nickle version about 18 months ago.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I regret selling a .380 nickle version about 18 months ago.
I wouldn't mind adding a nickle one myself. Were the sights on yours painted to ad some contrast ? My Beretta 84FS in nickel has red highlights on its sights (which aren't very helpful).

Premium Member
I wouldn't mind adding a nickle one myself. Were the sights on yours painted to ad some contrast ? My Beretta 84FS in nickel has red highlights on its sights (which aren't very helpful).
No sir, they are also nickel. And yes, you are 100% correct, the Beretta 84FS's red inserts are nearly useless. You can soot-blacken them for better shooting contrast while still keeping the gun factory stock since it cleans off easily.

Registered
I have a blued HSc from the reintroduction period that I bought back in 1976. It is in .380 caliber. It is 100% reliable with ball ammo but will only feed a few types of hollow points reliably. It is quite accurate but the DA pull is very stiff and it is really not fun to shoot more than a couple of magazines full. It tends to batter the web between my thumb and forefinger. Other .380 pocket autos like my Colt M1908 or Remington PA51 are more pleasant shooters.
That said, I still like it and would not hesitate to carry it as a CCW loaded with one of the more potent European FMJ loadings.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally got to shoot it today and I'm pretty happy with the results. I started with twenty-five rounds of WWB. The HSc didn't like those. I got several failures to feed, usually on the last round. I suspect this was due to the semi wadcutter bullet shape.

Then I switched to Remington. No malfunctions with its round nose bullets and much better accuracy as well. Of fifty rounds at seven yards I put forty-two into a three inch circle. I'm going to have to touch up the front sight with some white paint to get a little contrast.

I shot my CZ83 as well. Heavier recoil than the HSc (.380 vs .32) but better accuracy as well. Probably due to the better sights.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts