Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FIRST two Python\'s ever(Please give me your opinions?)!

I had waited a very long time, in my search to obtain just ONE(4")Colt Python? However, I got "Lucky" to find the following TWO(4")Pythons(A Royal Blue(Circa, 1981)and an "Ultimate" Brite Stainless Python(Circa, 1987)only two weeks apart)! Let me know what you think of them? Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Colt38 (edited 06-21-2005).]

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,912 Posts
Re: My FIRST two Python\'s ever(Please give me your opinions?)!

These pictures are an excellent illustration of the changes in the Third type Target grips.

Notice that the older Python's grips still have that great reddish-brown color, while the later grips had an orange-blond color, and little grain.

At around the same time, the fit of the Target grips began to deteriorate, and grips started to appear with patched defects in the wood and a patch material used in the inletting to correct fit.

Although this later pair is still closely fitted to the trigger guard, it was around this time that the fit of the grip to the trigger guard began to open up, finally resulting with a deliberate gap left.

Two great looking Pythons.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

rcwambold:

1)Yes, I'm the guy who has the "Engraved" Colt Model "357"(Which was my very first Colt revolver purchase!)!

2)I don't know if I could ever bring myself to fire either of these two Colt Pythons(As I sure wouldn't want to spoil them!)?

3)I never thought that I would ever be able to find just ONE(4")Python(Let alone TWO of them!)being situated next to HELL(Here in the PRK!)yet, I got real "Lucky"!

4)I don't mean to sound to be so "Greedy" but, believe it or not, I actually found one more(6")Royal Blue Python(Circa, 1976)that is as nice as the(4" Royal Blue)Python pictured here, in this thread, that I had found only one week, after the above TWO Pythons! This will never happen again, I can assure you!

5)I really wasn't able to rake up all of the "Bucks" necessary to afford all of these Pythons(So, I stuck my head into the noose of debt, to make these "Dream" purchases possible)!

6)rcwambold: I will keep you in mind, if I should ever decide to sell any of my mint three Pythons? I doubt that I will ever shoot them(Although, I'd bet that it would be "Thrilling" to do so?)?

7)Thanks, for your "Positive" comments, regarding my TWO(4")Pythons(I appreciate it!)!

8)The action seems very smooth and "Slick" on both of my(4")Pythons(Blued and stainless)! Although I have only cycled these actions once!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

dfariswheel:

Thanks, for your information-and, for your compliment on my TWO(4")Pythons!

I was happy to find that the fit of the grips on both of these Pythons happened to fit like a glove! Also, the quality of the fit and the neat(Factory)Colt polishing of the "Brite" Stainless Python, turned out to be "Flawless"!

·
Registered
31 Posts

Gorgeous! I really like the bright stainless. Congrats on these two great finds!

·
Registered
778 Posts

Hi Colt38: Talk about luck. Two week ago, my son & I found two 2.5" Pythons in different shops ten miles apart. One is a 99% blue from 1971, and the other is stainless from 1985. Prior to this we had never seen a 2.5" anywhere around here, at shows or shops. Congrats on your good luck. Enjoy them in good health. We shoot all our guns & intend to have some fun with these. We are learning to post pics, and will have some up shortly.

Robba

·
Registered
103 Posts

Now thats a nice pair!

I'm curious about the presentation case? Did you convert it from a S&W to a Python box?

·
Registered
535 Posts

Holy Cats! Colt38, they're gorgeous, both of them. Now, you're just the man to ask ... IF you're going to shoot them. which I hope you are. How does the stainless-action-feel compare to the blue steel? I'm getting warmer to making the plunge to actually buy one myself - as soon as I can find one that nice and when I have the bucks to part with. Stainless, 4" and red ramp are high on my list ... shoot them both and tell us more!? And then, if you just don't like the stainless, let's talk some more!? Say, do I remember right or aren't you the man with the engraved, 4" 357, as well? Come now, my man, let's don't be so greedy! Ha, ha.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

beaverislander;

No, the presentation box contains my recently acquired, M27-2(another "Lucky" find!)and, I thought that it would be a good background, to take the pictures of my newfound Pythons with?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts