Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bob,

I was wondering the same thing. If you google it, you'll find all kinds of threads linking to the movie "3:10 to Yuma", along with the western leather. heck, I was thinking it was some twist on HOG as in swine. Might have to go back and watch both movies again..

Craig

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Somehow or another, that name, Hand of God, sort of makes me feel a little uneasy, like bordering on blasphemy. Where did that name come from, and who originated it? And why?Bob Wright
Yeah Bob I know what you mean. I don't really know why it's termed hand of god. I thought the movie was pretty good and I liked the rig. Never really thought about the term and meaning.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
That's a sweet rig, he does fine work!

"Hand of God" is what Russell Crowe's sixgun was known as in the remake of 3:10 to Yuma. Presumably because it layed waste to folks like the Angel of Death. It was a USFA with a silver crucifix inlaid into the grips. Will Ghormley designed and made the gunleather for the movie and also provides patterns for leathermakers. Crowe's rig is rather distinctive and known as the "Hand of God" rig. The subject of this thread appears to be a very faithful rendition of it.

3:10 to Yuma, Russell Crowe holster rig, Hand of God, U.S. Fire Arms Company Will Ghormley - Maker, Christian Bale, Peter Fonda, movie trailer, pruchase gun leather used in the movie, Old West Collection Gun Belt Buckles, Old West Buckles, Hand of Go

Ben Foster as Charlie Prince carried a Schofield double rig, also offered by Ghormley and dubbed "Flames of Hell". I've done it and now the Johnny Ringo but haven't tackled the Hand of God rig yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.