Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just going through my little box of Colt parts and other cool stuff I've accumulated. Some of the non gun stuff was my dad's. I don't know where all those grip adapters came from except two which were given to me from Feralmerril here. Actually only one there because I put one on a gun. I like to snag early Colt barrels and cylinders if they are cheap. I did that once and eventually found the perfect gun for it later. That SAA barrel on the bottom in the white is pretty trashed but I got it on G.B. for a penny with free shipping. The seller lost money sending it. Weird.I wonder if two dollar bills are only worth two dollars. Probably. I know everyone here has such treasure troves, especially piles of grips.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
My folks never threw anything away. After both died it fell on me to have to clean up everything and have a auction. They didnt live down the street, they lived in wisconsin and at the time I lived in california. It was just about the second or third worst time in my life. I would say the auction didnt net 10% of what the stuff was worth! I have boxs of coins to yet go through. They saved pennies etc and I dont know if they saved it because they were suppose to be rare and worth more than face value or not. Also foreign money and bills from world war two etc. Its been 11 years and I still havent went through it all.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
How fun!

I had been thinking of starting a similar Thread, and, you beat me to it!

I imagine many of us have a Cigar Box or two, which has old Colt Parts and other goodies...any of which would make an interesting image ( and likely end up with the Poster getting "PM"s about "Say, can I buy that Cylinder/Barrel/Hand or whatever from you?"

Lol...

·
Registered
8,622 Posts
Over the years I had accumulated a lot of reloading stuff and when an old-timer that my uncle knew passed on he left all of his reloading stuff. So one day I hook up with eBay and start selling this stuff. I never would have imagined that this olde reloading junk would be so valuable to some people.

So then I also sold some goodies on GB, but when eBay started allowing gun parts to be listed again, it seemed like nothing was sacred. So now I'm down to a few new parts for my Colt 45 and 38 Super pistols. But what I so now is if I'm not going to use it I list it, but I also look for items I might want.

We've all heard the old expression: "one man's junk is another man's treasure" I guess it must be true.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Wyatt, I have that same style Schrade knife, I believe they called it the sharp finger. I use mine for lots of things and have dressed out many a deer with it. One time I helped my Brother field dress his deer and stuck the Schrade in a root at the base of a tree. I didn't remember until we got home and I looked down and saw the empty sheath. Well I went back the next summer and found that sucker. It was a little rusty, but cleaned up and sharpened up just fine!! I also have boxes of miscellaneous Colt and other parts. Like you if it seems like a good deal, I pick it up. Even if I don't need it or have a gun that M
atches.

Wyatt, I like the Schrade Old Timer boning/skinner combo knife. Pre China Steel Shrade! Now they are being stamped out by a fourteen year old kid in China.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.