Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, It seems I went overboard, but I am happy as heck. I Now own a 100% Blue Nib Detective Special, 100% NIB nickle detective special, 100% NIB blue cobra, 100% NIB nickle cobra, and my newest addition is something interesting. It is a set of Detective Specials that are made from the factory like the Smith and Wesson Pintos. One has a blue frame with an nickle cylinder, and the other is vice versa. They are both 100% NIB as well. I am still waiting on these ones, and when I get them (next week) i'll try to post pics. I never heard of these before, and they are supposed to be from the factory that way and supposedly only a few pairs were ever made. Anyone ever heard of them? Oh I almost forgot to add, I have another nickle DS that is about 99% but with no box. It is my shooter of the bunch, and the only thing keeping me from shooting the six others. Now all I need are a couple of agents, and a python.

[This message has been edited by Bartlett_2 (edited 05-20-2005).]

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thats what I do, collect a few and keep at least one as a shooter. It looks like you have a great start on a nice collection.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Colt did these back in the 60's on a number of their revolvers. I have a As-New 6" Official Police 22 (with the box) that was made this way. Colt was having problems financially and manufactured these for the collector market.

As was said, you have a great start on a Colt collection. Where did you find the dual finish revolvers? These really are NOT the two-tone revolvers as was cataloged at one time.

[This message has been edited by 22-rimfire (edited 05-20-2005).]

·
Registered
61 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bartlett_2:
Well, It seems I went overboard, but I am happy as heck. I Now own a 100% Blue Nib Detective Special, 100% NIB nickle detective special, 100% NIB blue cobra, 100% NIB nickle cobra, and my newest addition is something interesting. It is a set of Detective Specials that are made from the factory like the Smith and Wesson Pintos. One has a blue frame with an nickle cylinder, and the other is vice versa. They are both 100% NIB as well. I am still waiting on these ones, and when I get them (next week) i'll try to post pics. I never heard of these before, and they are supposed to be from the factory that way and supposedly only a few pairs were ever made. Anyone ever heard of them? Oh I almost forgot to add, I have another nickle DS that is about 99% but with no box. It is my shooter of the bunch, and the only thing keeping me from shooting the six others. Now all I need are a couple of agents, and a python.

[This message has been edited by Bartlett_2 (edited 05-20-2005).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No one should be allowed to have so many Colts. It is obscene, and must be against some law, some place.

As a suggestion, you might consider sending me a couple of them for safe keeping just in case.

Of course I'd probbbabbly send them back to you any time you wanted them?

In the venacular uncommon "You be a lucky dude!"

Seriously, good for you. Wish I could be so fortunate.

Best Wishes. JP

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments. I've never heard of the two tones myself. I know S&W made the pintos. Supposedly, there were only ten pairs of these made. I don't know if there is any thruth to that or not. I know they are third issue though. The serial numners are a bit off of each other. One is P4428X and the other is P5091X. So I don't know the full story behind them. I know no matter what, I at least have two more 100% detective specials. I got them from a guy in Texas who had a LOT of NIB colts for sale. I worked a deal for 5 of these guns in my collection at the same time, so I got them for a steal for being all NIB 100%.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts