Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this guessing around a 90% shooter??? this is the one i needed help with in another thread that the screws are stuck on. great help from great guys here.
Just thought i'd show it since it's been too cold to get out and shoot
Revolver Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hey guys, found a similar 4" with aftermarket grips in about same shooter condition. I'm looking to pick up a shooter and curious what's good price on one like this. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JP,actual value $850.Gunbroker value $1200/1500.D*
$850 days are far and few between (unless you live in an area without internet) some are still available under $1000 but usually real beaters so yes you are going to pay between $1200 and $1500 for a decent one (lower end with aftermarket grips higher end with factory grips) and condition is going to be a big factor. If you can take some pics of the gun before you buy it post them on the Python forum and ask for opinions on what you should pay. you will get lots of help here

·
Registered
291 Posts
Looked at it again and only blue loss is around muzzle, no dings or scratches and the plate screws are a little buggered up. Aftermarket rubber hogues on it. The timing on it is perfect and locks up like a vault. I can get it for $1100 OTD...PROBABLY going to grab it for a shooter. Thx guys.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just be careful buying one with buggered up screws, means someone that didn't know what they were doing got inside it, hopefully only to spray it out. At least take the grips off for a glance for rust
and add pics after you pick it up

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just be careful buying one with buggered up screws, means someone that didn't know what they were doing got inside it, hopefully only to spray it out. At least take the grips off for a glance for rustand add pics after you pick it up
Yep...I would have walked away if the timing had not been perfect and lock up was so tight. Will post pics if I pick it up. Thx.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Personally, I am ok with a little wear. Its just major scratches and dings I worry about. Sound like you got a good one Terry. You can put a set of orig grips on and have a good gun for a long time. Congrats

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.