Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone;

You might remember I posted a Doc Holliday Rig a couple of weeks ago. Well, I've just finished that same clients double gunbelt. It's a Ranger style rig with a strong side for a 4 3/4" Colt SAA and a crossdraw for the same type of gun.

On to the 3" cartridge belt now and I'll be finished.

Thanks for looking, and as always, just click on any photo to see it full size.

Bud

Glenn's Gunbelt 1.jpg Glenn's Gunbelt 3.jpg Glenn's Gunbelt 5.jpg Glenn's Gunbelt 6.jpg Glenn's Gunbelt 9.jpg

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
Wow! Oustanding!!!!

I have to confess I really liked Eaglestroker's latest because it was meant to carry 1911 pistols. As some of you know I am not a collector of SAAs, Lightnings, Thunderers etc. I prefer solid frame swing out cylinder revolvers and old semi auto pistols.

Actually given that fact, I'm surprised you guys tolerate having me here!

Great rig, Bud.

·
Premium Member
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Mike, always appreciate your comments.

Bud
ps
You know, I sometimes wonder why they let me in as well.

Wow! Oustanding!!!!

I have to confess I really liked Eaglestroker's latest because it was meant to carry 1911 pistols. As some of you know I am not a collector of SAAs, Lightnings, Thunderers etc. I prefer solid frame swing out cylinder revolvers and old semi auto pistols.

Great rig, Bud.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Another museum piece, Bud! A most fortunate cowboy who will strap that rig on, for sure. I studied the pix up close and I gotta say I don't know how you do that stitching and sculpting. Makes my fingers and hands hurt. And I really like that color, too. Do carry on!

·
Premium Member
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thank you all for your very kind comments.

All I can say Ed, is the stitching is plum easy these days now that everything gets sewn with a Cobra Class 4 machine instead of a pair of human hands all wore out from arthritis. What used to take me five or six hours on a gunbelt and an hour or so on each holster now takes a total of a half hour or less for an entire job. I do like the look of hand stitching the best when it's done right, but the Cobra stitches are very close to that hand stitched look.

Molding the leather isn't too bad because it's all done wet but it still hurts my hands if I get to pushing a bit too hard on it.

Thanks again everyone.

Bud

Another museum piece, Bud! A most fortunate cowboy who will strap that rig on, for sure. I studied the pix up close and I gotta say I don't know how you do that stitching and sculpting. Makes my fingers and hands hurt. And I really like that color, too. Do carry on!

·
Premium Member
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Isn't that just the oddest thing Mike, here you are really liking that 1911 holster and rig and here's the the last 1911 rig I did for a fellow out in western Canada a few weeks ago. Strange coincidences sometime huh?

About the only difference is my client wanted his nickname on the strap.

Bud
Basketweave Pattern 1.jpg

Wow! Oustanding!!!!

Great rig, Bud.

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
The holster as an artful tool is something that is admired by me.

I don't open carry even though it's legal in Pennsylvania. I worked as a probation investigator in the early 1970s in a central NJ county. It was a wild place. Blademan worked a few towns away starting as a uniform officer. Lou is about 10 years younger than me, but he could tell you stories.....

In my part of the country I think it is a tactical mistake to be open carrying as a civilian. Others may disagree. The IWB holsters I use are superbly made of the best leather, but they are plain affairs, berift of even shark or ostrich trim. I have a simple tastes and a simple mind, what can I say?

But if I ever move west I will have to buy a double M1911 rig from you! I'm still thinking of TX. maybe in a few years, if they'll take a dyed in the wool NYC born Yankee.

However, I cannot deny my interest and respect for the art of holster making

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
What a BEAUTIFUL rig, that is spectacular! Your workmanship is superb. I would expect to see Gene Autry carrying this rig when he made all his movies!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts