Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wow! I don't know what to say except wow, that is one completely awesome set of Pythons.... even more so since their serial numbers are sequential. thanks for sharing Dave

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Congratulations!

I have never seen a 3 gun STANDARD PRODUCTION Python Consecutive Set and would be surprised if I ever see another. I recall seeing 3 consecutive Pythons, but they were all Special Edition guns, like the law enforcement special order editions (no real value and not a SET), but never a 3 Python SET like this.

Another thing that makes yours so unique is the fact that it is a special order SET as confirmed in a single Colt Archives Letter. Not a coincidence or a lucky find, a Consecutive Set. And Bright Stainless! What more can I say; just beautiful and rare!

Best of Luck!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congratulations!

I have never seen a 3 gun STANDARD PRODUCTION Python Consecutive Set and would be surprised if I ever see another. I recall seeing 3 consecutive Pythons, but they were all Special Edition guns, like the law enforcement special order editions (no real value and not a SET), but never a 3 Python SET like this.

Another thing that makes yours so unique is the fact that it is a special order SET as confined by the Colt Archives Letter. Not a coincidence or a lucky find, a Consecutive Set. And Bright Stainless! What more can I say; just beautiful and rare!

Best of Luck!
Thanks Kanatak, I've been trying to find out how rare this set is and how I would determine a value. But I've never seen another set before. Glad I have them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice set! Any particular reason for covering up the S/N's but leaving them quite visible in the lower picture? Doesn't mean anything to me...Just saying.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice set! Any particular reason for covering up the S/N's but leaving them quite visible in the lower picture? Doesn't mean anything to me...Just saying.
Just forgot to crop out the bottom photo. It's fixed now, thanks for pointing it out.

·
Registered
251 Posts
very lucky indeed that they weren't separated at some point in time in the past 19 years. Wonder why the individual who originally made the special order parted ways with them.

I was told by Colt it was a custom order. Just got lucky the set stayed intact over the years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts