Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
It has that "Been There...Done That" look to it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
A friend of mine brought his Army Special over for me to make a holster. While I was making the holster i called and asked him if I could shoot his pistol and he told me to shoot it all I wanted too. I liked it so much I got on line found one and bought it, now it is one of my favorite guns. It is in 32-20 caliber. That is a great caliber.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I love guns like that. I bet you it still locks up great and still shoots wonderful. I have a old K frame S&W 38 that looks like that but I'd rather have a Colt for sure.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I typically do not like double actions and mostly stick to SAA's or 1911's. But when I saw this one at the LGS something about it caught my eye and plus it was 100 years old. It really is a sweet operating firearm and crisp in it's action and trigger pull. I had a box of .38 Special already in the house, so that pushed me over the edge to buy it. It will never be my first Open Carry choice, but like we all know "any thing is better than nothing" isn't that right? I was on the deck of the USS Guam in 1976 I think with a 1911 and one magazine being the first Navy ship to pass through the Suez Canal as I watched young kids carrying AK's watching us, my job as a young Marine was Master at Arms to keep the crew below decks. I said that to say this...again, Something is better than nothing. So this Colt Army Special went through a lot of changes during it's manufacturing history at Colt, and it's never going to be collectable, but it's going to be the occasional shooter for giggles. Many Policemen and such used these models early on before the .357 ever showed up.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I typically do not like double actions and mostly stick to SAA's or 1911's. But when I saw this one at the LGS something about it caught my eye and plus it was 100 years old. It really is a sweet operating firearm and crisp in it's action and trigger pull. I had a box of .38 Special already in the house, so that pushed me over the edge to buy it. It will never be my first Open Carry choice, but like we all know "any thing is better than nothing" isn't that right? I was on the deck of the USS Guam in 1976 I think with a 1911 and one magazine being the first Navy ship to pass through the Suez Canal as I watched young kids carrying AK's watching us, my job as a young Marine was Master at Arms to keep the crew below decks. I said that to say this...again, Something is better than nothing. So this Colt Army Special went through a lot of changes during it's manufacturing history at Colt, and it's never going to be collectable, but it's going to be the occasional shooter for giggles. Many Policemen and such used these models early on before the .357 ever showed up.
Thanks for your service.

When that gun was made, the 38 Special was a HOT round and was the rage of the handgunners of the day.

I would never make fun of that old girl. I have many pistols the kids call "Fudd" guns.

I love when the young kids laugh at me with their Glocks and XD's. They don't laugh when I show them the target.

That Colt has a great trigger.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts