Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My New Diamondback 4\" Blue

Just picked up a blue 4" Diamondback for $575.00. Definitely 99+%, not a mark on it with original box. Guess that's an okay price. S/N is S86xx. What year of manufacture would this be?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Re: My New Diamondback 4\" Blue

manderson

Check thatS/N again, with an "S" prefix it should have a five digit serial number.

P.S. You did just great on that price.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT I'LL KEEP ONE .357,
JUST IN CASE!

·
Registered
4 Posts

manderson, is it a .22 or .38? Great find and price either way. Congratulations!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

It's a .38SP. I'll verify the serial number. Don't actually have the gun in my posession yet.

·
Registered
807 Posts

Here in Kalifornia, I got "Lucky" to buy a Colt Diamondback(.22 caliber)with a four-inch barrel, in 99%+ condition, for $575!

[This message has been edited by Colt38 (edited 05-02-2004).]

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Colt38...excellent! Glad to hear it's allowed in your state. It might be my imagination, but it seems that the .22 caliber Diamondbacks command higher prices than the .38SP from what I have seen. Diamondback68...do you think this is true, or just my impression from recent searches? I am a Python guy first, but I started looking at Diamondbacks more since seeing your post about the outrageous prices. Thanks to you, I have become more interested in adding DB's to my collection. I believe you are correct in that they will never start producing these again.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

manderson
What I see is the 22LR can demand anywhere from $150-200 more (the BB says ADD 20% for 22LR) than it's 38SPL counterpart. Now this all may be geographical and you may find those prices may vary from one area of the country to another, but just look on GB or GA or AA and you will see the difference, 22LRs just command more because less were made in that caliber.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT I'LL KEEP ONE .357,
JUST IN CASE!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts