Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am mainly a revolver man but figured I better get one of these before it's too late. I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Congrats and good for you, you got your AR now rather than later, you never know when they will ban these next time, plus you could use it in a big emergency situation in the future.

I've got two 6920 the first one I got in 2011 and the second I bought last year, yours seem to be like my 2012 configuration carbine with detachable carry handle rear sight, Rogers SuperStoc, and the old accessories pack with two 20rd mags, cleaning kit and basic silent sling, the current 2013 models does not have the old accessories package and detachable carry handle, they only have the Magpul folding MBUS2 rear sight and one MOE gen2 polymer mag.

My local guns shop here in So. NV sells the basic 6920 models for about $1,106 but they don't always have it in stock, it's like feast or famine, about a couple of months ago they had more than 100 carbines in stock now they're sold out again and they only have the Magpul furniture version (also CA legal version) and the LE6920SOCOM with heavy barrels and Troy carbine rails.

Walmart around here sells the LE6920 for the same $1,097 price as before.

Here's a thread here that reported the Rogers SuperStock have a weak quick release sling mount, if yours have the letter R on the left side next to the quick release sling mount it is OK to use it, if not don't use it and just use the regular sling slot mounts.

I currently don't have any Colt revolver right now, I have four Colt 1911 and I wish I had not sold my NIB Colt 8" blue Python way back in 2006, I thought that the factory will make them again but apparently not and maybe not for awhile.

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/col...-equiped-roger-superstocks-i-had-failure.html

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,878 Posts
I notice some facts that are interesting on your new Colt.

1. You got an older rifle from at least last year when they came with two 20 round aluminum magazines, a M4 side sling swivel on the barrel, and the carry handle/sight.
Starting last year Colt's come with one 30 round Mag-Pul P-Mag magazine, no cleaning kit and no sling, the sling swivel is on the bottom of the front sight assembly, and the rear sight is the plastic Mag-Pul pop-up BUIS sight.

2. There's no forge mark on the lower receiver right behind the trigger. There is the standard forge mark on the upper.
Most Colt's I've seen for the last few years have the Keyhole forge mark on both the upper and lower.

To date your rifle, check the thick plastic bag it was packed in, there will be a date on it.
Another check is that Colt put a manufacture date on the barrel, under the upper hand guard, right behind the front sight assembly.

You'll find the Colt will be a very high quality rifle, and will work 100% right out of the box and will do so for many years.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Mine is a January, 2012 production according to Colt, serial 103xxx, came with carry handle and 2 20 rd. mags, but the plastic bag is dated 11/09. Best to call Colt.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice score! I paid much more and only got the owners manual and a box. I know you'll enjoy shooting it. I hope your revolvers don't get lonely.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Congrats on this great find! Enjoy putting lead down range with her.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Here's a thread here that reported the Rogers SuperStock have a weak quick release sling mount, if yours have the letter R on the left side next to the quick release sling mount it is OK to use it, if not don't use it and just use the regular sling slot mounts."
It does have the R stamped so I'm good there. Thanks.

"To date your rifle, check the thick plastic bag it was packed in, there will be a date on it.

Another check is that Colt put a manufacture date on the barrel, under the upper hand guard, right behind the front sight assembly."
The plastic bag says 10/12 and the barrel says 11/12 so I guess late 2012. Thanks.

I'm leaving this rifle just as it is.
Thanks for everything

·
Registered
55 Posts
"I'm leaving this rifle just as it is.
Thanks for everything"

That's what I said. Many $$$ ago. Enjoy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very nice... I just grabbed one as well. Except I got the FDE version... Enjoy it!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts