Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my new Sig P220 Elite Stainless (45ACP) - and my first Sig. I posted about this a few days ago.

Some pix, stock ones- haven't had time to take my own but my gun is exactly the same.

You can see before it's out of the case it's very well made - all steel, the finish (matte), even and well done. Standard on mine is the large beaver-tail, very nice both to find the top of the hilt fast and also to make hammer-bite impossible, front serrations, adjustable night sights -(both front and back adjustable), and SRT trigger (short reset), front strap checkering and the rosewood grips - the latter not standard on other Elites.

Haven't shot it but once, and that more to learn the gun than give it a full test, bit even at Self-Defense distances (this will be a Carry for me) I can tell it's very accurate, and though not out more than 15', could hit a small red dot about 1/2" diameter without a lot of effort. The trigger both in DA and SA is smooth as warm butter, and they both break like glass. Can't think of any gun I've shot with a better trigger - except my Python in the revolver category. But no semi-auto.

So, I like the gun a lot though I've had it but 3 days. It's about same weight as full-size steel 1911, hair less, but it's much wider. But the Alessi holster I bought, and OWB seems to handle it well, and I wear Perry's Suspenders with a heavy gun, which also help a lot.

That's it for now I think. Thanks everyone on my prior post for not hounding me because I bought a non-Colt and supporting my choice. Very nice of you!

Even if you don't like it lie and say you do. It cost too much for the truth.
($1109)

·
Registered
214 Posts
It is very "purdy"! Not like the awful P232 with the European-style magazine release that my brother carries! I could live without the square front on the trigger guard, but I'm a sucker for a semi-auto with a beavertail grip and Picatinny rail...

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have always liked Sig, My buddy in highdchool had two 226's in .40, I shot them both at the same time gangster style...I didn't hit a single thing...but it sure was fun!!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
well great looking sigs...well i am a owner of one too..got it for a song and it is like new...super reliable guns..and elegant too sig 001.jpg sig 002.jpg sig 003.jpg sig 004.jpg sig 005.jpg ...and gotta love the wood grips...

Reactions: Blademan

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
and with a sig...u get what u pay for..but my heart is still with the colt's ..reminds me of being a kid with my dad...miss those simplier times

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Here's my new Sig P220 Elite Stainless (45ACP) - and my first Sig. I posted about this a few days ago.

Some pix, stock ones- haven't had time to take my own but my gun is exactly the same.

You can see before it's out of the case it's very well made - all steel, the finish (matte), even and well done. Standard on mine is the large beaver-tail, very nice both to find the top of the hilt fast and also to make hammer-bite impossible, front serrations, adjustable night sights -(both front and back adjustable), and SRT trigger (short reset), front strap checkering and the rosewood grips - the latter not standard on other Elites.

Haven't shot it but once, and that more to learn the gun than give it a full test, bit even at Self-Defense distances (this will be a Carry for me) I can tell it's very accurate, and though not out more than 15', could hit a small red dot about 1/2" diameter without a lot of effort. The trigger both in DA and SA is smooth as warm butter, and they both break like glass. Can't think of any gun I've shot with a better trigger - except my Python in the revolver category. But no semi-auto.

So, I like the gun a lot though I've had it but 3 days. It's about same weight as full-size steel 1911, hair less, but it's much wider. But the Alessi holster I bought, and OWB seems to handle it well, and I wear Perry's Suspenders with a heavy gun, which also help a lot.

That's it for now I think. Thanks everyone on my prior post for not hounding me because I bought a non-Colt and supporting my choice. Very nice of you!

Even if you don't like it lie and say you do. It cost too much for the truth.
($1109)
...hey we all can like guns that are not colt...great choice and was looking at that one when i got my first one...just could not swing the cost..but splurged on the second one...

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...hey we all can like guns that are not colt...great choice and was looking at that one when i got my first one...just could not swing the cost..but splurged on the second one...
Yeah, they ain't cheap but are made well enough it seems it's hard to whine about it. (I hope....)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Well u get what u pay for...

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
You can't argue when it comes to the quality of a Sig Sauer.That 45 looks beautiful and shoot it with joy and in good health..Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts