Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been speaking with a friend back and forth about his Viper. Today I get a phone call and he's ready to part with it. Stopped by the bank on the way home and waited. Soon he called and was on the way. I've been studying the serial numbers to watch for and the proper grip size. She checked out as far as I can tell. It has a little blueing wear on the right near the muzzle and there is one spot about the size of a pin head on the frame on the right near the front of the cylinder. I has a R suffix w/5 digit serial number and has the longer grip panels.

How did I do?

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Can't say I know much about the the Viper but can say that's a nice looking revolver. Very sleek. I'd be thrilled to have it. You did good if you're as happy as you appear to be.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
considering they just sold one(nickel) on gun broker for $5825, you might want to go back and offer more just to be fair and not take advantage of the seller.You could turn a $5000 profit on the one you just bought

Seethe recent "Colt Insanity" thread.

Looks like you stole it for that price:eek:

·
Registered
382 Posts
The Viper was under appreciated when in production. Glad to see they are getting their well deserved praise now. Would love to have one to compare against my Model 10 4" HB.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
You did outstanding and it appears to be in new condition. In fact, I don't think I could distinguish it from a new one.

capstan, that sale: Colt VIPER Nickel *NIB* : Revolvers at GunBroker.com is even more remarkable if you consider it is likely not a Viper. It may be a project gun with a Viper barrel from Numrich. I recommend requiring a Colt letter, if possible, on Viper deals these days.

RB67, best of luck to you and your new Colt Viper!

·
Registered
296 Posts
For $800 you did extremely well. Now days detective specials hit close to that price. It is a fantastic looking viper and you should be proud to own it. Great job and nice addition to your collection.

ktncolt

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is a great looking Colt, I think you did great. I do have one question...Your screen name RB67, would you happen to be a photographer? I recognize the RB67 as a camera I used. I was and still am a photographer. The RB was a great camera and I did lots of portrait and wedding work with it. Anyway, just thought I would ask.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is a great looking Colt, I think you did great. I do have one question...Your screen name RB67, would you happen to be a photographer? I recognize the RB67 as a camera I used. I was and still am a photographer. The RB was a great camera and I did lots of portrait and wedding work with it. Anyway, just thought I would ask.
No photographer here. My father and I dabled in art and photography but he is much more in touch with the arts than I. Just my initials and the best year to be born in.......I know how original. :confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well you did a great job with the photos, they look great. I know how hard it is to photograph shiny objects. Before I retired, photography was my living and guns were my hobby. Now I can devote a lot more time to my gun addiction, especially my Colt addiction. I hope I can post some photos as soon as I learn how to post on this site.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have a blue unfired Viper, box is bad though. I got it along with a few later D frames that I got when a guy wanted to unload all his revolvers, included all of the later D frames in all barrel lengths. Paid him an average of $200 per gun (23 years ago). The Viper is a really great gun and I would love to carry it as I do like the 4" D frames. But I pack a 4" Cobra when warranted. It is a shame that all those D frames went unappreciated in their day. I was flabbergasted when I saw the mention of the "suspect" Viper going for 5K. BTW that is absolutely the wrong box as previously mentioned.
One of the nicest packing 4" D frames is the latest model of the Police Positive with the full lugged barrel, I believe it is cousin to the SVI series, but great shooter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts