Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three weeks ago I won a part for my cobra in gun broker I sent the money order as instucted. We'll here we are three weeks later still no part. I have emailed them 3 times with no reply and the phone number I called is out of service. I contacted GB and they said they were going to have the seller contact me. Still nothing... What's next or am I just SOL???

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
What was the sellers feedback or history?

If he is a newbie then you might be SOL.

If he has a good history then I would give him some more time. I had a similar situation where the seller (a old retired gunsmith) had to have emergency surgery and I did not hear from him for a month after I paid. He felt so bad he refunded me my money and sent me the item (I returned the money as I figured he needed it a lot more than I did).

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
It's not the money it was only 24.90 but the point that I bought from gun broker and got stuck up that I'm mad about..
I dont mean to split hairs, and maybe this isnt how you meant it... but you didnt buy from Gunbroker. You bought from a seller who uses gunbroker software to sell his wares. Gunbroker cant force him to perform, it can only boot fraudulent sellers. This is why it is so important to look at ratings...

·
Registered
180 Posts
As aircraftman stated if he has quite a bit of negative feedback or little he may a one man show and just can't get to it or he was trying to scam. I always do signature required so I know they received payment, but doesn't help now. I would give another week and a couple of emails then send certified letter? I would definitely give him a "f" on feedback and state you will change when part is delivered. That usually "wakes" someone up.

·
Banned
354 Posts
I had a deal go bad with a perfect feedback seller on a sig p226. Paid the man and no response at all, period. I called, emailed, texted. Nothing. Finally called his local PD and they sent a detective to knock on his door (small town). I was paid two days later!! Moral of the story? I got really lucky. Had the guy been in Chicago, LA or whatever I never would have received my pistol or a refund. I think it's a chance we take making online purchases and it stinks sometimes.

·
Premium Member
21,818 Posts
I had a similar experience on Ebay with a Luger Holster. The seller was listed with a good record, but I never got the holster. After about 3 weeks I contacted Ebay and they gave me my money back. The buyers on that site seem to be indemnified by Ebay. I like that.

·
Banned
354 Posts
I def think you stand a better chance of recouping or, at least, dealing with someone who cares about the issue at eBay. GB has really disappointed me in their lack of meaningful response and lag time.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes I noticed when I emailed GB their response seemed generic like that's their answer to everything. It's been almost a week since GB said the seller would contact me so is guess I'm just out of luck...

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
That is why I believe in using paypal. No one likes paypal on gunbroker or they want more money to cover any fees. It might be better to pay that extra 2% or whatever because paypal gives you some protection also. If you don't get your item and used paypal, you open a case, and paypal will go to the seller's account and yank that money right back out, no questions asked until the dispute is marked as resolved.

Now if the seller doesn't give paypal as an option then it doesn't help. I never made any online purchases for guns and am hesitant to do for this reason. But if I did, I do believe I would make sure that paypal is an option, even if it means a 2% premium.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
I've had over 75 transactions (buying) on Gunbroker without a problem. Ebay is where I've had the problems, sellers not sending product. Ebay really didn't want to do anything for me even with my documentation. All my buying transactions on the Colt Forum have been excellent. My most recent was an HK USP from a new member. Alot of heartache can be saved by having both email and phone conversations prior to your purchase, which will really let you judge the character of the person that you're dealing with. Then if you feel the slightest bit of doubt, walk away.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have bought several items off the colt forum and haven't had a single problem it's been great but this was my third or fourth purchase on GB an it's been terrible. No more GB for me. I don't need any more stuff that bad to deal with this BS. Like I said before it's not the amount of money. Only 25 bucks but the pricipal of it all....

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I had my paypal account blocked for selling some AR magazines on GB. I got an email saying I was a bad boy, and I had to give my digital signature stating I had read the policies and promised to never be naughty again. I never dreamed I would be blocked for selling magazines. They must have been cruising GB listings for sellers offering paypal payment.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.