Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"A crude attempt was made to widen the hammer spur to one side. It doesn't look like it was shot a lot, it just fell on hard times. Excellent bore. Serial #32120, made in 1964. Hey, it's still a Python. "

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Surely you jest. "A crude attempt......" Perhaps the understatement of the decade... :confused:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Depending on how much they want for it (not more than $400) and if the mechanics are good and the bore is "excellent" than it could justify several hundred to restore and to make into a shooter that you wouldn't have to feel bad about shooting.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You have got to be kidding me!!!!! $405 with 6 days to go. As a regular buyer of "shooter" grade Colts that is 75% of the price of one I bought a week ago (85%+ holster wear only for $650).

maybe I should list a couple for sale....

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Must have been kept in a sandpaper holster. YIKES! Why on earth would someone do that to a firearm? It looks purposely filed or sanded down except for the cylinder, and that isn't too nice either. I'm with the Judge; I'd have Colt's re-do that bad boy!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I guess the previous owner could not afford a King's Cockeyed hammer so he made his own. Thankfully it looks like he did not try to make his own King's Front Site.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You have got to be kidding me!!!!! $405 with 6 days to go. As a regular buyer of "shooter" grade Colts that is 75% of the price of one I bought a week ago (85%+ holster wear only for $650).

maybe I should list a couple for sale....
Before you do PM me and let you know I want a shooter Python

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
I disagree with the statement that "it fell on hard times"....it appears to me that "hard times fell on it". And actually it's 90% of a Python......I think it's missing about 10% of it's metal!

It would be interesting to see the post colt restoration party pictures of that bad boy. :)

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Is that the correct color "Hanging Tag"? Same question for the attaching line, cord, string, etc? Does it come with a box? I see the front sight doesn't have the red insert! :eek:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Before you do PM me and let you know I want a shooter Python
I'm with you on $650 for a shooter python. Don't PM Talon, PM me!

Seriously though, looking at the pictures again, I think I have to agree with ColtSixGuns that the python is missing a lot of metal. At first glance this morning, I thought it was just finish missing, not the metal. I suppose it'll pack lighter now.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I like it! Is it really for sale? This Python would get more play in my world than my NIB Factory Ivory Colt Pythons. Who or where do I contact?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think I need to clarify. If that pos is worth 400 what's an honest wear one bringingIf I do list here first
Depending on condition I'd pay between 4-600 on that one as long as the mechanical are good. Have yet to see what you might be willing to part with I go up to 1000 for the right pistol.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Ouch !! That just makes me ill to look at it !!! I wonder if some father came home to find his kid sitting at the bench with a dremel tool "fixin" Daddys gun !!! Is that thing on Gunbroker ??? I'd be embaressed to let anyone know it was mine !!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts