Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
puttb, welcome to Coltforum. Beautiful gun!

It appears to be a pre-WWII revolver, but I cannot date it on Proofhouse.com. That makes me wonder if the gun has been rebarreled at some time in its life.

The white lettering will come off easily with acetone and a soft toothbrush (do this with good ventilation).

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Can anyone give me a range of value?
This is one Colt variation that took quite a while to gain any attention and still doesn't get the attention it deserves, considering the rarity of the 32. There were 4 times as many K32 S&W revolvers produced(roughly 850 OM 32 vs 3400 K32) and the S&W prices have been in orbit for several years....$2k-10k+ depending on condition and prewar/postwar. The Colt OM 32 values are slowly climbing, but prices I have seen vary a bunch, depending mostly on where you find them. I've seen fairly decent ones sell in $800-900 range and ANIB go for 3k+ with all combinations of price and condition in between...most going for far less than the more abundant S&W K32. Not long ago, there was a OM 32 w/box lingering on a show table for at least two shows, with a $1400 price tag and I finally could not stand it and made what I considered a near embarassing lowball offer, that brought it home with me to join the two already in my collection.
They don't surface very often at the gun shows, but are occasionally listed on Gunbroker. Do a Gunbroker search on "completed" auctions and you can see what they actually sold for. The listed prices on active auctions are often just "fishing" expeditions and do not indicate a true market value...just look at the ones that actually sold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.