Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just wanted to share a photo of my small little collection of Colts. I got stated by buying a couple Uberti's to play with. Then one day I walked into an Antique Gun Store in Nevada and got bit by the bug. Every time we go to Nevada I stop there and pick up something. Thankfully my wife just rolls her eyes and smiles when I do. I did buy her a piece of land this last trip for when we retire, win for both of us!!! The holster in the picture is interesting to me, wife wanted it for a wall hanger but only my model 1849 fits in it. I do not know leather but it looks really old to me and has a piece of leather glued/attached to the backside of the holster to keep it from splitting more where it folds over the belt. Also has a well worn knife and sheath on the belt also. DSCN1357.JPG

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Now you've got the bug remember, from small acorns................ Lack of any stitching on the rig might indicate it was home made - maybe a cowboy or pioneer.

Rio

·
Registered
617 Posts
Your collection looks great. It's wonderful to be able to handle these pieces of history and wonder where they've been and who's owned them !
Jim

·
Registered
21 Posts
A very nice collection of early Colts you have there. The bottom two Colts in your post look like a couple of sleepers. Look closely and you may see what many people don't see. My advice don't try and dress them up "As Mutton dressed up as Lamb". Thanks for posting, also best of luck with your collecting, you are on the right track for quality. Kind regards, ALSS.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A very nice collection of early Colts you have there. The bottom two Colts in your post look like a couple of sleepers. Look closely and you may see what many people don't see. My advice don't try and dress them up "As Mutton dressed up as Lamb". Thanks for posting, also best of luck with your collecting, you are on the right track for quality. Kind regards, ALSS.
A couple of sleepers?? You lost me with that term...

·
Registered
21 Posts
A "sleeper", term is as made by Colt and not messed with by altering and over zealous cleaning. That my 2 cents worth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts