Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: My \"Trio\" of Colt\'s

I went to imgspot.com, but I must have done something wrong? Gonna try it again?

img3.imgspot.com/u/04/190/18/MVC005s.JPG

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Colt 38
You have to put the http:// before img3 and the rest of the URL. Like this:

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 07-09-2004).]

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 07-09-2004).]

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

My next attempt at posting my picture?

From top to bottom:

1)Colt OMS(Circa 1950).38 Special.

2)Colt "357"(Circa 1960).357 magnum.

3)Colt Diamondback(Circa 1978).22 caliber.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks, Diamondback68! Here is another view of my three Colt's: I'm not in the League, with the big boys yet-as this represents my entire, Colt collection, currently! Maybe, I'm off to a good start?

[This message has been edited by Colt38 (edited 07-09-2004).]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Colt38, you are off to a great start!
As far as picture taking, Digitals are like guns they will do their part if you do yours.
Just a suggestion, make sure you have a steady hand or get a tri-pod and don't forget to push the shutter half way down first to set you range, then click. Just trying to help with your focus a little.
Good luck in your future gun acquisition and picture taking.

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Colt38 - I personally have seen very few engraved double-action Colts & was curious. Was it done at the factory?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Diamondback68: Thanks, for your photography tips! You have always been very helpful to me-and, I appreciate it!

Shortcut-I don't know if my Colt "357" was engraved by the Colt factory, or not? However, this gun was so beautiful to my eyes(When I first saw it!)that I couldn't resist, bringing it home with me! Besides, I knew that it might take me forever, to find another Colt "357" that was "Mint" and, it would very unlikely, to have been engraved! The engraving is very attractive and, is simple in design-yet, it has not been overdone!

[This message has been edited by Colt38 (edited 07-10-2004).]

·
Registered
49 Posts

With or without engraving the 357 is a great gun. I recently bought one similar to yours from a fellow forum member, & it's a real pleasure to shoot.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

shortcut: Did you buy your Colt "357" possibly from Michael Stern? Just curious?

I would like to find another Colt "357" to fire-as I can't bring myself, to fire my "Pretty" engraved one!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

1)Shortcut: What would you like to know about the "Engraved" Colt 357?

2)Yes, these are nice Colt's-but, my picture taking "Quality" is not real good-as these Colt's would show-up, much more "Beautifully"! But, then again, I'm just a "Newbie" at taking digital pictures! Thanks for the "Positive" comments!

·
Registered
49 Posts

Colt38 - I did & the gun is in excellent condition. I would not hesitate to buy more Colts or Smith & Wessons from Mr. Stern in the future.

[This message has been edited by shortcut (edited 07-11-2004).]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts