Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name all of the \"Snakes\".

I'm thinking my next gun owning goal will be to aquire at least one of all of the Colt "Snakes". Can someone please name them all?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Re: Name all of the \"Snakes\".

You set your goals high, Captain!
This is what you'll be looking for:

Anaconda
Boa
Cobra
Diamondback
King Cobra
Python
Viper

You'll find that some of these will be pretty hard to find!

Happy hunting!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Sweet! I have the Python, now I just have to hunt down the other "snakes". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Does anyone have one of all of them?

·
Registered
711 Posts

Thanks gunsmoke! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good luck Captain!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts

Then you can do bears and peace / law enforcement officers. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

·
Registered
711 Posts

Oh crap! thanks A1A, I never considered those collections!

I tap out, anyone up for the challenge?

·
Registered
778 Posts

Yeah, I'm missing the Boa too. If you find two of them, let me know. Actually I believe they are out there, its just stumbling over one by dumb luck. I have other Colts I thought I'd never find, but have. Can't give up.

·
Registered
185 Posts

Hey Bloke, I went back to try and "capture" the picture of your "snake collection" and I couldn't.......I was wondering if I could get you to email me the picture?

I wanted to use it as a wallpaper...

Lee

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

Good luck in your quest. All are obtainable. The tough part is when you want each variation (barrel, finish, caliber etc.) for each of the Colt snakes. That is when you really have to open up the bank vault and buy a "snake safe".

·
Registered
185 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck in your quest. All are obtainable. The tough part is when you want each variation (barrel, finish, caliber etc.) for each of the Colt snakes. That is when you really have to open up the bank vault and buy a "snake safe".

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of.......I was wondering how many models came in E-Nickel? I asked in another thread but it was never answered...

I just picked up an e-nick Trooper III and have eyed some Pythons in E-nick; but how many different models are out there?

Diamondback? Anaconda? Cobra?

Lee

·
Registered
2,351 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm missing the Boa too. If you find two of them, let me know. Actually I believe they are out there, its just stumbling over one by dumb luck. I have other Colts I thought I'd never find, but have. Can't give up.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "Snake Set Collector" mania is putting a severe strain on the Boa supply. I know three guys from the same town, of 1800 population, looking for a Boa, so if that's any indication, 1200 total production ain't going to fill the demands. It took me several years to snag a NIB, and I fell into another shortly after. I now regret passing on a couple of well worn Boa's, before I realized the scarcity of NIB. The Snake Set seekers, combined with the internet access is gradually pushing the Boa prices to triple, and quadruple the pitiful Blue Book estimate. I wouldn't even venture a guess at the true "market value" of a NIB Boa, but a couple of serious high dollar Colt dealer/collectors I contacted think the 2-3k prices are quickly becoming reality. I have two NIB 4" Boas and was considering trading one for a 6", but may wait until things settle and hope for a reasonable 6" Boa to fall from the sky.

·
Registered
185 Posts

[quote I have two NIB 4" Boas and was considering trading one for a 6", but may wait until things settle and hope for a reasonable 6" Boa to fall from the sky.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would make this a "hard hat" working zone.......REMEMBER, everyone is a safety officer. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts