Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Is there anyone that can give me some advice on a colt python I saw on Gun Broker? Recently there seems to be a lot of fakes (boxes, papers, etc) and I just don't want to be taken for a ride. I'm looking for a 4" blue colt python unfired, and this one seems to fit the bill. However, this auction has been re-listed for months now. I'm wondering if it's because it's just way overpriced, or if there's something wrong with the authenticity. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Any comments one whether a 1971 (by looks of the serial number) is worth the added premium given the concerns with the CNC manufacturing.

This is the one i'm looking at:
Colt Python .357 4 Inch Royal Blue Unfired In Box : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

Thanks!

·
Registered
979 Posts
The gun comes from a great forum member that is on this forum a lot

I can promise you that the gun is all original and would be one of the most beautiful blue guns you have ever laid eyes on

As far as the price goes, that is up to the buyer. A gun is worth what someone is willing to pay for it

If you truly want the gun.. you will not be disappointed

·
Registered
266 Posts
He'll probably be along any minute to address your concerns. In the mean time, the only advice is to buy it if you want it, the gun/box are legit. If the price is too high, don't buy it.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
The sellers honesty has already been mentioned in the replies above. A complete package that is all original costs $$, there are a lot of fake packages out there so you have to be very careful. This seller is an expert at judging a guns history and the package with it, box etc. If you decide to buy this gun I would print off the entire GB ad and save it in a file for future use. Marcs (Keystone) guarantees in that ad would go a long way in showing the authenticity of that gun in the future.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I echo the above. I've purchased a couple of Colts from Marc at Keystone Arms. All of these impeccable firearms were exactly as advertised and given the quality, were fairly priced. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Marc is a LOT of things :D (I keed I keed) but dishonest ain't one of em. You can buy with 100% confidence knowing you'll get what's advertised. Gotta pay for NIB examples these days. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If U guys keep patting Marc on the back he will be bruised and the his head will swell. I would always pay a premium to get what I want and not have to worry about half of the package being reproduction crap from Sparta TN, no worries with Keystone

·
Registered
454 Posts
If Marc's operation were in CA that BIN would have been hit hours ago. Great Gun, Fair Price, Excellent Seller. Go got it, man!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts