Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need DOB, for an Officer\'s Model 38, Heavy Barrel?

I tried to find some information, in Fjestad's, Bluebook of Gun Values, about the Colt, Officer's Model .38 Heavy Barrel(Just as the gun is marked, on the barrel)and, this gun, has target sights(But, is not shown as an Officer's Model Target?)? And, this gun, isn't even shown, in this book? If someone, can help me, I'd like to get answers, to the following question's:

1)The Date of birth?

2)The value of this gun, in 95%-97% approximate overall, condition?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Re: Need DOB, for an Officer\'s Model 38, Heavy Barrel?

Colt38, you need a serial number in order to date.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT HANG ONTO ONE GUN,
JUST IN CASE!

·
Registered
132 Posts

There are quite a few of the HB OM's around. They are all late 3d issues, made from the mid 1930's on. Barrel markings are on the left side, in two lines, Officers Model 38//Heavy Barrel. The last patent date on the top will be 1926.

A gun in the condition you describe will go for around $450. They are great guns, but not especially rare--the HB's must have really caught on, because I see more late 3d issues in this configuration that any other. A few HB's were also made in .32 S&W Long.

Bill A

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yes, I forgot, to provide that(All important!)serial number, in my last post(Thanks, for reminding me!)! The serial number, is 622763(And, I have just found this OMT HB, to have been made in 1938.

The Gun Shop, is asking $575, for the OMT HB, in question!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts