Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nice catch.

I don't have any idea on the value but I'm betting a lot more than you paid!!!

Congrats...

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
They look like early Ojala holsters on a non Ojala belt. The carving on the holsters are very unique but the pic is too vague to check the quality. But it would be a real pain carving those after they were made unless they were totally dismantled. If the holsters were tooled in his shop I think they (without belt) could be worth a couple hundred each to a collector. If someone else tooled them perhaps about $65 each. He had master leather carvers in his shop. The position of the tooling is very different than his usual stuff, but who knows. His early holsters did not curve down in front of the gun's top strap. They went straight across. Your's looks like the early version. Here's what I mean. My black original Ojala rig I ordered from him personally is the later version (1985 for this one). My tan one was bought on Gunbroker and I made the matching belt for it. I had to really beat on it to match the 1960 era holster. See how this early holster does not curve down in front for a theoretically faster draw. Better pics would help. But $50 is a steal any way you look at it. I go through crusty gunshop boxes all the time looking for just such trasures. And believe me, this is a treasure. Keep me in mind if you ever want to part with it. But get second opinions first, of course, on the value.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all very much. These will eventually be for sale at some point in the near future. I purchased these to get a head start in SASS shooting, now I think I'll use them to help fund a portion of the needed gear.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I agree with Wyatt - the way they're tooled is very unusual for Ojala holsters.. Too bad the belt isn't original to the holsters - due to the unusual tooling the set would be worth fairly serious money.. They are definitely worth more than you paid - nice score!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts