Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
That's a 10 year ago (or more) price.
Its a strange shop. There are a few guns that are ridiculously overpriced, and there are some guns that are pretty far under current market prices. I'm working to get as much of the good stuff as I can before the owner figures things out. The shops only been open a few months.

I'd almost feel bad...but when they were hiring I did send in an application to pick up some weekend hours and didn't get a call back, so oh well.

· Registered
12,948 Posts
An unknown number of NIB Remington Rands came through the old NRA/DCM in the March 1962 time period. Apparently they got into a store of the unissued pistols, and they were sold at the same $17.00 price.

All that I saw were right around the 2.4 million serial number range. I had three and gave my son one, and the three were in a serial number range of 500 numbers.

The two magazines were in a single wrap.

· Registered
1,153 Posts
I get week in the knees over these 1911 and 1911A1's that are Military Issue. Dang it Man...buy it!

Reactions: Scottz63

· Premium Member
1,230 Posts
That is most definitely what they were selling for about 10-15 years ago. We purchased 2435xxx at the Hillsville, VA labor Day week-end back in 2008. (I sure miss that show. It's not worth going anymore.)

Reactions: Scottz63

· Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Nice! Go for it!

Where the heck are people finding deals like this.
I am looking for one and have not seen anything in that price range and condition. $2300+ everywhere I look. Dang it! Lol
That's what I want to know. I've said this so many times, I feel like a parrot...but I simply don't come across guns like this here. Even the online offerings very seldom drop below $2500 for a pistol in this kind of condition. I certainly hope the OP has bought this by now. For once in my life, I've got a bit of extra money to indulge my gun-buying whims. If I'd seen this pistol for anything less than $2500, I'd have been on it like a duck on a june bug.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts