Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my pythyon back from colt after a complete refinish. They put an orange disc at the end of the cylinder. When I tried to open the cylinder, the release will not move. Any comments or wait until tomorrow morning and call colt.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Press firmly against the side of the crane/cylinder to ensure it is completely closed. It may be binding the latch pin. It apparently is not unknown for them to leave some debris that keeps the crane from easily closing completely. Don't ask me how I know. Good luck. :cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cannot move anything. There is a space between the crane and the frame. Looking at the front of the cylinder, the front is more to the left then the rear is. Almost like the cylinder is crooked front to back. c

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
I might of said it wrong. The release will not move back and the cylinder will not OPEN
If the cylinder will not close completely because of some interference, it can bind the latch pin so it can't be moved back to allow the cylinder to open. The problem could be otherwise, but that is a possibility. :cool:

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
I cannot move anything. There is a space between the crane and the frame. Looking at the front of the cylinder, the front is more to the left then the rear is. Almost like the cylinder is crooked front to back. c
Like the picture I posted? The crane is not closed completely. Press it quite firmly closed while moving the latch back.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke to Brent T at Colt. He sent me an overnight return label. Said it should be there 1-2 days at the most. Will send update.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
That's another solution. The good news is that he will do it. The unfortunate news is that it has to be done too often. Sorry, but just true. 'Nuff said. :cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spoke to Brent, he said that when the gun arrived there was nothing wrong with it. It must of jarred in the box while shipping back to colt. it will keep it the weekend and ship bhack next week. My question is, I can see it closing in the mail from shipping, but not unclosing and jamming partly open in the shipping.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Without getting in too deep, I would wonder whether Brent unpacked the gun and found nothing wrong or it went to the gunsmith who reported to Brent that, of course, there was nothing wrong with the gun. Mine was received as pictured and it required considerable finger pressure to dislodge it, IMO more than would be encountered in shipping no matter what. Just telling the truth. Hopefully, all is well that ends well. :cool:

·
Registered
382 Posts
not good news. just a note; i have seen a NIB gun that the cylinder release didn't want to move back unless you hold it away from the gun with your fingernail.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
received back from colt. They said there was nothing wrong with jammed gun. It now works perfect. As far as the refinish, it is perfect. There are none of the telltale signs of rebluing. Nothinr rounded out. Pins not worn flush. The rolling of the pony even stands out more then before. The best money I ever spent. Definately recommend a factory refinish

1 - 17 of 17 Posts