Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this forum and I guess this is the best place to ask. My father-in-law gave me a Colt Officers Target 38 for christmas this year but I can not firgure it out. It has a rib that runs along the top that says King Custom. It also has wood grips that have a space for your thumb to rest. I will post pictures as long as I can figure out how. Anyway I was told on another forum that this gun was maybe "worked over" by King customs that used to be in California. And it may have been an old bulls eye gun. I guess if someone could tell me some more about it and maybe a value that would be great. DSC_0650.jpg DSC_0657.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,463 Posts
The Colt Officers Model was the premium target revolver of its day. King was a well known gunsmithing firm located in LA. Not sure if they are still around or not. The work they did was very high quality. Bet this gun shoots great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum. You have been given generally correct information. This thread has images of a King catalog: http://www.coltforum.com/forums/colt-revolvers/50950-king-catalog.html. In it you can probably find guns and parts that match yours quite closely. Modified guns aren't for everyone, but King conversions are classics. Looks like you need an ejector rod head and we need more pictures. :cool:
Yeah it shoots amazing I can put all 6 rounds in one jagged hole at 15 yards off handed using just one hand. Speaking of ejector rod head know where I can get one that won't look like it was just put on. i.e. not brand new where the rest of the gun looks used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts