Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago A pistol was stolen from my mother and I'm trying to replace it for her, she doesn't know the serial number all she can remember is that she thinks it was Made in 96 and it was a 22lr Bicentennial commemorative. I remember the pistol and it had pearl grips and a nickel finish and came with the change-out 22 mag cylinder. Barrel was 6" or less, came in a blue box. Any help would be appreciated. it was a gift to my father from my grandfather and my father passed away, she has been looking for one ever since and finally asked me if I knew where to find one.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Colt made two bicentennial 22 caliber single action revolvers. One was the Colt California Bicentennial in 1969. It was gold plated and didn't have an extra cylinder but the interior of the box was blue. Check out this link: COLT Single action .22 CALIFORNIA BI CENTENNIAL : Revolvers at GunBroker.com
They also made a St. Louis Bicentennial in 1964. This gun was blue with gold accents, no extra cylinder and the interior of the box was gold colored. I couldn't find a listing for that one. There were many other "centennial" commemoratives and they had many different configurations.
Neither of two above exactly matches your description, particularly the pearl grips. However, grips are easily changed on the .22 single action revolvers. I suggest you look at a number of Colt Frontier Scout auction listings on GunBroker and other sites and see if you can find the right one.
The book I use for reference on these guns is "The Colt Commemoratives 1961-1986" by Condry & Jones (1989, Taylor Publishing Co.). This is quite a common book and is available from several booksellers. Also, your local library may have a reference copy.

- - -Buckspen

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
My first thought was that if it were a bicentennial commemorative it was likely a Colt. However, I have not been able to unearth a photo of a Colt Bicentennial .22LR/.22 Mag with pearl stocks. One way or another it may be very difficult to replace and God Bless You for trying. A Gunbroker vigil may be required, a classified Want To Buy (WTB) here once you achieve 15 posts or a stop at every gun store you run across may prove positive for you but we hope you'll keep us in mind and post again, especially if you're successful! :cool:

·
Registered
746 Posts
A few years ago A pistol was stolen from my mother and I'm trying to replace it for her, she doesn't know the serial number all she can remember is that she thinks it was Made in 96 and it was a 22lr Bicentennial commemorative. I remember the pistol and it had pearl grips and a nickel finish and came with the change-out 22 mag cylinder. Barrel was 6" or less, came in a blue box. Any help would be appreciated. it was a gift to my father from my grandfather and my father passed away, she has been looking for one ever since and finally asked me if I knew where to find one.
Or '76?
If so, may have been a Ruger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I may have found something. Looking through google pics I recognized the box for a heritage rough rider but cant find one with a 4 3/4 barrel. I dont remember it being a comemerative pistol. My uncle said he thought it was a harrington richardson but I cant find one with the configuration I'm looking for. Closest is the herritage. idk....
my mom mentioned 1776 1976 comemmorative

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.