Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group,
I am ,as most of you know,a rabid "police marked" revolver collector. I have a stumper here.

It is a Police Positive Special in .38spl w/ a 4" bbl . in blue finsh from the 1960's (serial # 882xxx).

It bears the # E 298 on the butt and an import mark of " NHM CO SAC CA" on the right side of the frame just forward of the cylinder. A previous owner saw fit to spot weld over the agency name on the backstrap obliterating it completely.

Anyone know where this gun may have come from?

What is the full name of "NHM CO."?

Best,
Charles

[This message has been edited by cda926 (edited 06-20-2005).]

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
There was a large number of ex-Colombian P.P.S. imported "back to the U.S. in the late 1980's-early 1990's,with the configuration you describe;could be one of them.

As I recall,some,or most. had kinda "funky" plastic stocks,while others had original stocks,the majority fit only for kindling wood.

Sacremento, California,but I am trying to recall who the major importer(s) was (were). Pretty sure Navy Arms and S.Ohio Gun were listing them in the trade papers,but the NHM initials are a blank.

Bud

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bud,
I have one of the early (1930s) Colombian guns that was imported by Century Arms with the "funky " grips that you describe.

This gun has a nice set of wood checkered stocks.

Is it OK to email pics to you??

Charles

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bud,
I emailed you with the auction numbers etc on these guns. No attachments.

Charles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts