Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I joined this forum in hopes that you colt guys can help me out. About a year and a half ago my father passed away and left me with his wonderful gun collection. Our hunting rifles (winchester 30/30) His and mine, couple .22s and .38special and his favorite gun a Colt MkIV Concealed Carry Officer (CCO) the colt .45 was extra special because me and him bought it together at a gun show. After he passed away I was tasked with moving my mother out of their home becauase my daddy wasnt exactly square with the IRS and they seized the home despite my mother being recently widowed. Well while we were moving everything out and into a apartment for her somebody broke into the truck and stole the colt .45 along with other random things. Of course the local police never had any luck finding who did it or recovering the items. I know ill never have that gun again, but im actually having a helluva time even finding the gun to buy again. I loved that gun and have checked with all my local pawn shops and guns stores, and have had no luck. I desperately want to find this gun and get one again.

Even though i know it wont be the same gun it still would mean alot to me to have the same model etc.... I have googled and searched and only found one for sale but the sale had expired. So If any of you guys know of where I can get one of these or know of anyone selling one I would GREATLY appreciate it. I have saved up and can buy it asap. We bought this gun for $600.00 and now it looked like prices can be as high as $1,000.00 But again anyone that can help me find one, i would be very happy. I will post pics of exactly what the gun was... thanks again for reading
Josh
Colt .45 mkiv C.C.O
[email protected]
ps ill also post in the WTB section .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
First, welcome to the Forum. You might post a WTB (Want to buy) on our classified section. I noticed 17 of them for sale this morning on Gunbroker. They are all in the one thousand plus arena. Best of luck and keep us updated on what you find.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Very sorry for your loss, both your Dad and the Colt. Gunbrokers, Auction Arms and Guns America would be maybe the place to start. Good Luck

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
pilotscrappy, welcome to Coltforum!

Please accept my condolences on the loss of Dad, and my outrage at the crimes perpetrated upon you and Dad.

Gunsamerica.com and auctionarms.com are good auction sites. You can post free Want To Buy ads and check For Sale ads here, on armslist.com, and sturmgewehr.com. Maybe others as well. You never know which Colts you will run across at gunshows. Maybe these ideas will help in your search.

I am a pilot too. I flew a C-150, Mooney M20E, some Bonanzas, Pipers, a Pitts, a Ford Trimotor and a few others for 25 years. I earned a commercial pilot's license and instrument rating for single engine land airplanes.

Colts & airplanes (with lobsters in the cargo hold) are great!

I suggested to the General Counsel of the Aircraft Owners & Pilots Ass'n., John Yodice (a long time professional colleague, a great guy and a fine aviation attorney) that he and the NRA General Counsel co-write an article about concealed carry, firearms and general aviation in both the AOPA magazine and one of the NRA magazines. John writes an interesting monthly legal column in the AOPA Pilot, an aviation magazine. AFAIK, many general aviation (non-airline, non-military) pilots are also interested in guns. John agreed, but I have yet to see his article in print.

I asked the Ohio State Bar Ass'n. to teach Continuing Legal Education about gun law to lawyers.

Guns? Sure, preferably Colts.....in every context.

Welcome aboard Coltforum and good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pilotscrappy, welcome to Coltforum!

Please accept my condolences on the loss of Dad, and my outrage at the crimes perpetrated upon you and Dad.

Gunsamerica.com and auctionarms.com are good auction sites. You can post free Want To Buy ads and check For Sale ads here, on armslist.com, and sturmgewehr.com. Maybe others as well. You never know which Colts you will run across at gunshows. Maybe these ideas will help in your search.

I am a pilot too. I flew a C-150, Mooney M20E, some Bonanzas, Pipers, a Pitts, a Ford Trimotor and a few others for 25 years. I earned a commercial pilot's license and instrument rating for single engine land airplanes.

Colts & airplanes (with lobsters in the cargo hold) are great!

I suggested to the General Counsel of the Aircraft Owners & Pilots Ass'n., John Yodice (a long time professional colleague, a great guy and a fine aviation attorney) that he and the NRA General Counsel co-write an article about concealed carry, firearms and general aviation in both the AOPA magazine and one of the NRA magazines. John writes an interesting monthly legal column in the AOPA Pilot, an aviation magazine. AFAIK, many general aviation (non-airline, non-military) pilots are also interested in guns. John agreed, but I have yet to see his article in print.

I asked the Ohio State Bar Ass'n. to teach Continuing Legal Education about gun law to lawyers.

Guns? Sure, preferably Colts.....in every context.

Welcome aboard Coltforum and good luck in your quest.
Very nice, im still a young pilot (28years young) working on rotorcraft rating to fly helicopters. Once I get my endorsements etc, I have a job lined up in Hawaii flying for a sight seeing tour company, which has always kinda been my dream. Also just to clarify im not a "crappy" pilot LOL its Pilot "Scrappy" earned that nick name growin up hahaah alot of people think im a crappy pilot... anyways, thank you for the info... im certainly going to post as many ads as possible to try to find this gun... I have checked gunbroker weekly and havent been able to find it but another post in here said he found a bunch ?? so i must not be doing the correct search or something... But thank you again for the info and stay safe

Josh

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go to the home page. Locate the search engine field at the top of the page and type in, Colt CCO. That pulled them all up for me.
okay i see the ccos when i searced what i meant by not finding the gun im looking for is im looking for the exact color of gun in the pics i posted above. I want the silver /black color scheme like in the pics... My gun looked identical to the pics i posted. and none of the ones on guntrader are like that.... (so far)

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Welcome from Texas Josh. Great forum for all things Colt, have fun, learn lots, share what you know.

I would also add my condolences for the death of your dad, and am highly ticked off at the moron that stole your pistol

So you know the serial number and if so, would you consider sending me a PM so I might assist in the search for your sidearm?

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and Merry Christmas!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts