Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the latch pin and stud, (the bigger pin with little pin in the side of it that goes into the back of the cylinder and is pulled back by the lever on the side to release the cylinder) at this point the cost is irrelevant so long as it doesnt get too ridiculous, I just missed one on a site for $5 but id be willing to pay $50 by paypal or something without complaint just to get the damn thing. Its for a 1917 army revolver as I mentioned. I'll even pay a $20 finders fee if you can find one for sure. Hoosier gun works was the site that had one listed and doesnt have it anymore btw.

I may try fixing the old one, but when I inherited the gun it was rusted in place and the little side pin was nearly sheared off due to people trying to force it out with the lever, so after uselessly soaking it to death for days, I had to drill a hole in the back of it and screw in a screw and yank it out that way. Luckily the gun was not damaged by that half assed method. Now I just need that damn part.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I didn't see that gun listed on that site though it may have been under a stange or generic name iam not familiar with. I think this gun has a letter assigned to this frame but iam too stupid to know it.

The e-gunparts site has it listed but theyre out of it, though they said any part with a part number is usually still available if you wait a month or two until they get more in. I think thats what ill hafta do.

As a last resort I was careful to destroy the old part to get it out in such a way so as it could be repaired or used as a model for a gunsmith to make another, so I'll do that if another doesn't come along. Its a simple part but it fits so tight that if the size isn't just perfect it won't work and the other pin out the side has to be in exactly the right spot and size or it won't fit right either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts