Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was browsing the local Gun shop today when i noticed there was a 3rd(?) Gen with shrouded barrel Detective special. The bluing and wood grips looked almost new besides a little holster hear on the tip of the barrel. It is a consignment gun at $350 without box and papers. He also had a post war 6" Official Police with about 30% of the bluing remaining and it had no grips. The lock up and boring looked fine with no pitting. That gun is around $150. I have a set of grips that would fit the OP. Are these guns priced decently, high or average? Gunbroker seems to be all over the place. Any help would be appreciated. Looking to purchase tomorrow if possible. Thanks and God Bless!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't argue with the populus. I will be making a trip tomorrow and hopefully two more colts will follow me home. There is another OP in the case as well for 325 i figured it was about average though since it was in about 75-80% condition.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
As they say, it didn't happpen if there's no photos!! Hopefully you'll post them up when you claim those two guns.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, the DS made its way home with me today $50 cheaper than I was banking on. Also turns out to be a 1974 model . Both of the guns, the DS and the OP were on consignment from different people. The owner of the DS accpeted my offer of $300 and the owner of the OP is, I'm assuming, stewing on the price. Anxious to get the OP home as well. Then the job of finding grips for it begins. Pics will be posted soon.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Congratulations on the DS.

You did not have to point it at the seller to get such a great price, I hope!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts