Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:Purchased the Colt? many years ago but I think it may be a copy? It has 1 piece solid grip like the old, old colts. You have to take the butt strap off to free the grips. I'm looking for a new grip for it just in case someone knows where I can buy one. The colt # is SA 18654 - 45 COLT on barrel _ pat Sept 19,1871 Pat July 2, 1872 w/stamp of a Colt horse. (worn down some)... Looks good, fires like a Colt . Either way I need a "set" of grips, actually a ONE piece grip. Thanks: Ballard please email me at [email protected] if you can help in any way. Thanks

·
Registered
852 Posts
And post in the Single Action army section. More replies for you there.
Well, that part seems to have been handled by the Mods, as it's here now (unsure where it started).

For the OP, in addition to pics, could you share with us what makes you feel it is a copy? FWIW, the serial number you list is consistent with an early 3rd generation SAA, 1978 vintage. Should have the pressed in (non-removable) base pin bushing in the cylinder. Also, the "old Colts" did not all have one piece grips. The hard rubber type (that resemble today's hard plastic) 2 piece began very early for the SAA. And repro as well as custom grips are abundant, no issue there.

Reactions: jringo8769
1 - 5 of 5 Posts