Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this colt on a trade its a single action army gen 2 serial 50032sa now the story from the guy i got it from said it was from the custom shop i has a 4'' yep 4'' barrel ivory grips cased hardned 44sp it also hase gold bands on the barrel and cylinder and a gold leaf star on the fram i took it to many differnt gun shops and each one has there own story and how i should sell or trade it to them so i just want to know what it is maybe what its worth ow and the trigger is really light and smooth was told it had trigger work from factory

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well if you want to know if all the stuff on it is from the factory, have it lettered from colt. I believe it will tell you exactly how the gun left the factory and who it was shipped to.

·
Registered
759 Posts
That s/n indicates 1969 production. 44 Special was discontinued in 1966. 4" barrel was non-standard length, also. As the gentleman above noted, why don't you order a factory letter? I think they are running around 100 days delivery time and then you will know "what you got".

BlackDog

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Interesting piece. I like it, whatever it is!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm the 44sp issue has my atention what i was told is a guy had it build from the custom shop those the 4'' barrel and not 4 3/4 and all the fancy grips and gold on it i dont know what it is and that was my next move is send for a letter from colt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm

i have 1500 into the pistol and it holds 6rds i never planed on keeping the pistol not my style i mean its a very nice pistol im more of a pyton or 1911 when it comes to colt pistols so the only reason i got it was for resale value and the more i dig seems like the stroy behind it is all bs i mean the grips gold and trigger are nice case hardned its a nice well built but might not be worth what i thought

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Are you measuring the barrel from the muzzle to the cylinder face? If you are measuring from the muzzle to the frame, it might appear to be only 4 inches. I looked in Wilkerson's book on the second generation SAAs and didn't see anything like this. I think a factory letter would be interesting. You might have something really special. If the letter shows the engraving to be factory, $1500 would be a steal for this gun.

- - - -Buckspen

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
colt

i havent put a tape on it i got the facts from the owner befor me baseing off his info its right on the money was told it has alot of trigger work from colt and i can say it has a wounderful trigger real smooth and light i took it to many shops one told me becouse it has a 4'' barrel it was a sherifes modle. witch it cant be seeing there is a case exstractor and the s# ends with sa not sw so im lost im just going to have to spend the money and get a letter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts