Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a colt 45 that I inherited from my late father twenty years ago. The serial number is 287 702. It says PAT SEPT 19 1871 july 2 72 jan 1975 on the gun. I am just looking for some information on it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
Pictures pictures pictures........there I said it....that is what everyone who reads this is going to be thinking. :)

Sounds like you've got a single action army made somewhere around 1907 or so going from my old memory
on the serial number range. Barrel should have small profile sight and say "45 colt" on the left side of it.
Offered in 4-3/4" 5-1/2" and 7-1/2" barrel lengths (you measure from the outside face of the cylinder).

Everyone in Texas has one in their closet or nightstand or bank lockbox.....or at least that is what it seemed 30 years ago.....:)

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
I have a colt 45 that I inherited from my late father twenty years ago. The serial number is 287 702. It says PAT SEPT 19 1871 july 2 72 jan 1975 on the gun. I am just looking for some information on it. Thanks
I'm sure you typo'd that date ;)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
nice looking piece..make sure if it has sit this long to clean and inspect it well before u attempt to shoot it..

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts